Who is Gail Porter in this scenario? :thinking:

I remember this fondly!

4 Likes

What would we hypothetically debate in 2023?* :thinking:

*This is not confirmation of an event before mild panic sets in at HQ

4 Likes

Maybe we need @Peter_G to set up a poll for this question :eyes:

3 Likes

@revels year round Christmas hat wearing needs to be on the agenda. It’s high time for an intervention if you ask me.

2 Likes

Feels a bit like we’re overdue an Investival if you ask me…

(Which you didn’t and I know isn’t a debate).

1 Like

Likewise! Thanks for the link- I’ll rewatch :smiley:

1 Like

“Are cheques dead?”

:rofl:

2 Likes

No poll (I am no @Peter_G) but things I think would be cool as an event//podcast//series

• Investing 101 (how, what, pitfalls, benefits)
  • Money management and budgeting
  • Interest rates and inflation
  • Mortgage rates and how to find good rates
  • Managing budgets over time
  • Inflation and what this really means

- Other “what Sunak should’ve done” education

Instead of a debate how about we just play a game of traitors locked inside Monzo HQ

6 Likes

Actually we did Manchester twice, but we also did Birmingham twice, Bristol once, Leeds at least once, Brighton and Glasgow. Earlier on, they were slightly bigger events, with 4-5 staff members and presentations, but then we scaled them down and would just book out bars, and 2-3 of us would show up with stickers and sometimes t-shirts. It was a lot of fun!

And of course we had our regular events in the London HQ as well. I always wanted to do something in the Vegas space as it was an excellent space, but it was difficult because that office was supporting UK customers and the US product was still in it’s infancy.

EDIT - We also did Oxford and Sheffield!

3 Likes

I think it would just be nice to have a Forum IRL moment.

5 Likes

Me too. A Zoom/Teams/Meet wouldn’t work. It’d have to be an in-person drinks/snacks location central enough to allow peeps to get there. And going off where people are located in the mainland UK (sorry NI), there could be quite a bit of travel involved, unfortunately.

Some pub near the train station in Leeds?
(There are 40K+ forum members, so it might need to be a big pub even if only a small percentage do it)

3 Likes

Gah, my local can only hold 30k. Never mind.

1 Like

with Claudia Winkleman live streaming it hopefully

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.