Meet the next generation: Monzo for Under 16s 🎉

Thanks.

May as well stay with Revolut then :+1:

No point in messing my kids around for the sake of it.

I’ve got a kid who is 36 does that rule me out :rofl:

6 Likes

Same way as being a kid at heart

1 Like

Can I get an account for my Hot Chip?

6 Likes

Happy days! Can get my son and daughter involved now, when will the be available roughly?

2 Likes

Hi Ricky! Nice, thanks for your interest. We’ll be in touch in the next weeks with more details on that.

4 Likes

My daughter is a budget ninja, will salary sort be available for their allowance/pocket money. Although it might be better renamed for the audience :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Noooo I want the blue card.
i am a child at heart, can I have the card?

3 Likes

If salary sort works for child accounts, with the same restrictions as adult accounts, then your kids must get a massive allowance.
If I remember correctly, salary sort only works for payments over £100.

3 Likes

Just a thought but would it work for grandchildren as Grandson No1 is 7 next week and he so wants a Blue Monzo card :rofl:

1 Like

Given off what we’ve seen so far, the only tie seems to be the Adult Monzo account. But the address may also be a checkpoint…

3 Likes

:raised_hands:

I’m also hoping the multi card, spending controls and sperate login/app improvements are transferable to business accounts too.

1 Like

This is great but I’m a little early to the game , approx 5.4 years early

So see you in 6 years to use this product :joy:

6 Likes

This looks great, my daughter is 12 and she has a Go Henry account.

It works well but feel it’s over priced so a Monzo option is really timely.

12 is too young for apple pay to be available so hopefully by the time she turns 13 that has been enabled.

Now just to wait on the waitlist getting to me!

3 Likes

Really pleasantly surprised that this is completely free! Thought it would be tied to paid plans.

My business brain would be interested to learn more about the angle internally. Was this approved mainly for marketing? Can’t imagine it’s profitable but maybe not super expensive per child. And I guess should get the adult to use Monzo more if it’s well integrated.

Nice job Monzo team.

2 Likes

Can imagine people feel frustrated having to pay for accounts for children to teach them about money etc:

2 Likes

I feel sorry for kids nowadays. Probably wouldn’t be able to get away with spending lunch money every day on the vending machine instead of a healthy meal in the canteen.

1 Like

Delighted for this. GoHenry is so limited with transactions etc - hoping money can be transferred back into the parents account if required or at least on the roadmap (GoHenry requires you to take it out as cash!).

2 Likes

Great innovation. Would the card be able to be used abroad while on holiday?

4 Likes

They still do