MasterCard SecureCode / 3D Secure

This is one thing that Starling seem to be on the fence about and one thing I would find very useful.

You’ll be pleased to know that it’s coming :soon:

5 Likes

Do you have any update on this @tomsr

1 Like

Can anyone from Monzo update on this it’s really getting annoying and I have to move money back and forth from my Santander CA. @simonb Can you please give us a timeline for this. I did not get a satisfactory answer from chat eaither.

At this stage, we genuinely have no timeline for supporting 3D Secure, though it is something we are certainly working towards.

3DS is made up of quite a number of individual components, each governed by large amounts of paperwork, documentation, and certification. We have to take the time to get this right. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hi Ali, I recently posted this in another thread! You may have missed it.

SecureCode is being worked on at the moment. We are working on an implementation of SecureCode 1.0 and the next year we will move to the upcoming SecureCode 2.0 which will enable us to provide a better in-app flow.

Not having SecureCode is a major blocker towards our cards working everywhere so I can assure you that it’s a priority, but our main priority right now is to get everyone onto a CA first. SecureCode implementation won’t happen before we get most, if not all, customers on a CA - that’s why the existing CA right now is an Alpha Preview and not the final product! :blush:

7 Likes

This is probably really bad… But on a site I used, back in July, (with the prepaid card) I couldn’t get through the checkout with 3D secure, I got 3 active card checks on my feed (each time I pressed pay) and it wouldn’t let me continue.

On the 4th attempt the payment went through :smiley: seems pretty off! But I thought I’d share it here :slight_smile:

Just curious, which merchants do you actually have problems with ? I have yet to stumble upon a site who rejects my :monzo: because if the lack of 3D Secure (which I enjoy - 3DS is a usability disaster).

2 Likes

I used to work for a payment gateway and understand the development work involved to integrate the 3DSecure API into the transaction flow.

I am using the CA Alpha for my day to day use, but not having 3DS enabled on the issued card is the only thing stopping me from fully migrating over all my usage without using other banks / cards.

To be fair most sites I do not have a problem transacting. But obviously when paying at a merchant such as Coinbase (that requires 3DS enrolled as mandatory on the issued card). As mentioned by another user who uses coinbase, it currently fails.

Looking forward for when the 3DSecure implementation is complete, but so far loving the CA account and the general Monzo experience / vibe. Keep up the good work.

5 Likes

Hello

I’ve searched for older posts and can see historical info that when the current account was launched it would accommodate 3DSecure. I’ve just had tried to put a transaction through Coinbase and this failed due to the lack of 3DSecure.

Is this feature coming soon ?

1 Like

I thought this was coming with the launch of the CA too. :persevere:

1 Like

3D Secure does work as I just did a DBS check and that went through fine.

This was the last thread on this topic. @Simonb said (in the last post) that it was being worked on but it wasn’t promised for CA launch.

1 Like

Thanks for the swift response all.

I had this response from @simonb few weeks ago;

1 Like

Definitely does not. Hence the whole CrossCountry website issues

2 Likes

Well it came up 3Dsecure for a few seconds on this

https://www.mygov.scot/basic-disclosure/

and payment was taken

1 Like

1 Like

http://www.audit-scotland.gov.uk/docs/local/2008/fa_0708_scottish_borders.pdf

Well we can’t both be right :stuck_out_tongue:

Either they allow fallback from 3DS, or their implementation doesn’t work OR Monzo have 3DS working

1 Like