MacBook Air M1 or m2?

Give it maybe three years to hit £999 and they’ll have the perfect laptop.

3 Likes

You won’t be disappointed, I’ve had my M1 Air since Christmas and use it every day, it’s crazy how good it is.

I got it on sale new for around £800.

2 Likes

They are very good laptops I have the MacBook pro with the m1

1 Like

Arrived today, more than happy with condition, only tiny marks around two corners and 98% battery health. Enjoying MacBook experience so far, I’d say it’s 10 years since I used a laptop.

8 Likes

I can’t look at any threads that have apple products or I will buy them.

If any of you care about me please stop :sob:

6 Likes

Obviously if thin and light is your primary concern, the M2 Air wins hands down.

But once you’ve spec’d up the base RAM and storage it’s hard to pick it over a bargain 14” Pro.

2 Likes

This might’ve been discussed somewhere on another thread previously (apologies if so). Given Apple’s ‘M’ chips now allow native iOS apps to run on Mac, is there any word on allowing Monzo on the Mac App Store? :computer: It doesn’t seem to be on there at the moment.

2 Likes

I’m gonna go out on a limb and predict no.

3 Likes

Have a M1 air for the past year, it’s my first Mac as a treat, and it blows my previous laptops out of the window! Easier to use, and flash fast, M2s looks a bit more beastier and the dark colour looks cool, but for the extra price for a little more speeds not worth it for me.

1 Like

I wish this was different - probably Apple too. I would say a significant majority of apps have been excluded from running on macOS for no specific reason. In my experience, most apps, even the non-macOS verified ones, work fairly well.

It seems a lot of app makers just don’t want their apps running on macOS so they’ve just excluded them. I think Revolut is the only banking app that is available on macOS from my collection and it works very well, just like the iPad version of the app. If you make it small enough it switches to the iOS layout which works nicely too.

2 Likes

At a guess, there’s various security concerns about running a banking app on a laptop OS?