Lock Screen Notifications

Had a quick search didn’t see this but ok mobile so never know if it’s been asked or not…

Any chance of having the option to turn off the amount spent on the lock screen notifications?

I want them on but don’t want others seeing what’s been spent if I leave my phone somewhere.

Look at the iMessages settings as an example

Thanks,

Have you tried switching off Settings >> Notifications >> Mondo >> Show on Lock Screen ?

Yep just turn off show in lock screen in settings

I want them on the lock screen but I also want the option to turn off the actual figure, like in iMessage where you either have the message show in lock screen or just the fact you have a message.

Preview part at the bottom.

2 Likes

That makes total sense. We’ve designed a place to customise notifications and I think this suggestion should totally be one of the options. Thanks a lot :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Awesome, thanks @hugo no worries :+1:

Hi @hugo any word on this yet?

Not really, I’m afraid.

There are many relatively small things that we’ve designed but are not in the pipeline yet. As we progress to the point that we can offer current accounts a full bank there’s ton of platform work to be done and this small features need to be postponed a bit.

But don’t worry, we don’t forget about them :slight_smile:

I just realised we never got to show you guys a sneak peek about it. Let me solve that… still a bit rough but this would be the idea.

6 Likes

*sends flowers * :wink:

Looks great! Noticed a small typo with ‘Location’ though.

Ouch, my bad. Thanks a lot! I owe you a ChupaChups :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Hugo, my reward of choice!

This looks great.

So it looks like it’s actually Monzo blocking the ATMs that rely on the magnetic stripe for authentication in NYC, rather than the banks & once that setting’s available, we should be good to go?

I think its a potential preview of monzo giving you the opportunity to block magnetic strip transactions isn’t it ?

Yes but they’re blocked already in New York / America.

Please don’t take these designs too seriously. Sometimes we work on assumptions about how the future would be just to check how things can structurally work. This is one of those cases and we don’t really know yet what we will do :slight_smile:

Haha don’t worry I understand. But just to be clear, it is Monzo blocking the use of magnetic stripe with ATM’s not the banks?

Because if so I’ll point this out so that users can request the unblocking with this kind of feature, if it’s not part of the initial release & then obviously you can see if there’s demand for the new setting.

Yes, we (by we I mean the Monzo prepaid card program… you can see the disclaimer about the partners we work with, etc.) don’t currently allow them.

However, lifting that restriction is not that simple I’m afraid. Magstripe ATMs are not allowed because of fraud reasons (chip and PIN are far more secure) so probably a change like that would require to answer some interesting questions about customer protection and others.

Card configurations is not my strongest suit to be honest, maybe @leah can explain it a bit better :slight_smile:

1 Like