Listing bought items from shops

Hi, I confess to be a little bit obsessed with data. Monzo has been doing a great job so far and I guess you have had already thoughts / ideas / plans on what I am going to write about. Also, sorry if the topic is already somewhere, do please point me there, I’d really appreciate it.

When going to shops, I like to keep track of what I buy and how much I pay for each single item. Lately only for food shops, but this could apply anywhere. There are many cases which I could highlight, one example is when I purchase the same thing and suddenly I get a different price (I notice this only when I am at home checking the paper receipt…and to be fair, I hate to have some paper with me for those reasons). But generally, for me it’s not enough to know if I spent XX money this year at this shop, it’s more like how many kg and £ of fruit I had this year.

I know it might sounds strange for many, but I wonder if there is any work in progress to integrate with shops or other business partners and get this data available for the final customer.

Thank you so much for your attention,
Giuseppe

Integrating with shops’ systems in this way is very difficult to do.

There is an app/service called Flux, but even after years of work they’ve only managed to integrate with a few retailers

2 Likes

The Monzo API allows for receipt information to be logged against a transaction (which is essentially what Flux do, they match a Monzo transaction with purchase info from the retailer and then populate the receipt data on Monzo via the API).

If you’re into it, you could write a routine that could populate the receipt info, although I don’t know how simple it would be to do the comparison bit.

2 Likes

I really hope Flux grows into supermarkets.

1 Like