Launching Pots

Right.

Navigation is indeed difficult, and users will quickly need more pots, at the ‘very least’ I can think of four.

1. Direct debit pot
  2. Mortgate Pot
  3. Savings Pot (ISA)
  4. Holiday Pot

If you then have more than one ISA because you are efficient at using their allowances, like a LISA, and then let’s say a Pension integrated via API with a cool company like PensionBee that you want to top up, it starts to exceed 6 and then a list view become vastly more appropriate.

@hugo @tom

If monzo is going to be the Financial Control Centre of people’s lives and with marketplace launching I can see users needing at least three pots (1. Mortgage. 2. Savings. 3. Pension).

1 Like

Hows about a NEST pot for pensions? (I think thats the defualt one most companies sign to?)

So many options I would stick with customizing them to suit your individual needs. What I would like to see is categories assigned to pots. (Lunch pot that debits when I go to Costa, EAT etc.) and

Why would these things need pots? You get paid, your mortgage, bills, pension etc. go out, and then what’s left you can organise into pots…?

Wages in and bills out might not be the same date. Pots would ring fence them for peace of mind.

I’m guessing, not that it matters how they want to use their pots.

3 Likes

Pots are not a solution to someone wanting/needing a second account. It’s barely a solution to savings given there’s no interest paid.

Granted It’s a quick way to group money.

However anyone serious about saving is better off using an interest paying account elsewhere as a ‘external pot’. Anyone wanting / needing current account functionality on a second account is just forced to use another provider.

1 Like

Remember the integration with other services was going to be in the UI as pots. So I think it is a valid point.

In my example, it wasn’t scheduled automated payments. I just wanted to set-aside a specific amount of money for a specific physical purchase in a specific store, on a specific date.

Had my battery drained completely on my phone, I’d have had to go home to plug-in the phone to shift the pot funds, then make another journey out to the local Sainsbury’s - after I’d already visited once before on my way home.

Had the pot been set to self-destruct on Monday, it wouldn’t have made any difference if my phone battery had drained or not.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before. What would be useful for pots would be to set a target. For example I could have a pot for my holiday which is £500 so I could see how close I was to reaching the target.

3 Likes

Oh yes you mean like Starling, they have that and it is useful

3 Likes

For now you could just type the target amount into the name field.

Capture _2017-12-06-08-56-45

It won’t give you a percentage progress stat or anything, but is still handy.

2 Likes

Great camera btw. :camera:

No more blurry shots :+1:

1 Like

Nice thought!

I need to do that to record the monthly deposit rate for my Budget Pots.

1 Like

I know, just set up the pot today hence the low amount haha, but got a chance to play around with an a6000 recently and was really impressed. Meant to be good for high fps and 4K video as well.

Is this on Android yet?

I suppose you could manually calculate the percentage and change the name of the pot. Very clunky though and something that should be automated.

I have the A6000. I only do stills, but it’s an impressive camera.

It would be useful to be able to filter the Home view by Pot so that you can see and manage them without having to go through the Account screen. Maybe via a drop down menu? In my opinion, this would improve the UX.

1 Like

Hey :wave:

If you’ve transferred money into / out of your pot, you can see that on the main screen (transaction list)

From there you can click an individual pot movement and manage your pot from there :slight_smile:

Hi, I get that. It’s more about being able to filter the transaction list to see individual Pots. It would also be useful if transactions going out were shown in red :slight_smile: and internal transactions (i.e. between current and Pots) were shown in a different colour.

A workaround would be to use search … type the name of your Pot and all the transactions to that pot will be filtered.