Launching Pots

Yes on Beta. I thought that was due today?

1 Like

coming to the Play Store for Android users at the start of next week.
Pots | Separate your money to suit your life with Monzo Pots

This has been typical with Android on Monzo since the start, we are second class citizens. Would be good for a projected update on if and when this will come to Android

2 Likes

I predict with more features, and a better navigation, that figure will easily increase. I like that it exists and think Monzo have done a great job with it. :+1:t2:

I personally think the only reason it is so low is due to the usability of them. Something that can be easily iterated on.

1 Like

Is it possible to move money from one pot to another directly without moving it into the main account and then back out again?

Can the pot order be moved around?

1 Like

Not yet, also not yet.

1 Like

OK ta. A future piece of functionality maybe then?

Hope so! Iā€™d find this really useful tbh

Yeah, hopefully. This is just a minimum viable product. Bare bones. Theyā€™ll flesh it out, were just not sure what with :+1:

1 Like

Got my pots on Android! Waaaheeey!! Such a long awaited feature. Looking forward to seeing how they develop in the future.

Edit: Didnā€™t even notice bill splitting was back! Double awesome!

3 Likes

Once the feature to take DDs and SOs out of a defined pot comes out I will be a happy bunny :ok_hand:

8 Likes

That and the ability to assign a pot for card/contactless payments (hopefully this comes!)

5 Likes

Currently with HSBC I have both a savings account and a normal account. When I get paid from work, half of it gets put automatically into my savings account by direct debit.
Having this with monzo would push me over the edge to move banking completely.

It would be great if you could have a pot like feature where you can store money specifically for bills. And when you setup a standing order or scheduled direct payment it would always take the money form this pot.

4 Likes

was there an android update i missed?

The Beta app was released late Friday night and Pots working great.

1 Like

beta updated on Friday, it should be coming to the general release this week sometime

1 Like

Iā€™d set aside Ā£40.00 in a pot labelled ā€œGroceriesā€ a few days ago. I knew I wouldnā€™t be able to get to a supermarket until after work this eveningā€¦

So, I got to Sainsburyā€™s and opened the Monzo app to shift the Ā£40.00 back to my regular balance. My phone battery was only at 13%. Iā€™d mistakenly left a battery-hungry app running in the background since lunchtime.

Iā€™d have been scuppered had my battery been drained completely.

I knew that I was going to spend the Ā£40.00 today (Monday). I really should have shifted the money earlier in the day, but had forgotten.

Wouldnā€™t it be a good idea to be able to set a lifespan for the pots? The default option could be an indefinite lifespan (as it is at present), but could there also be an option with a pop-up calendar?

Which ever future date you choose, could automatically withdraw a potā€™s funds back to your regular balance, and delete the pot.

Would anybody else find this useful?

10 Likes

I think I would for once I have all my direct debits moved across. As I get paid on the 20th but bills go out on the 1st. So it would be good to have something to automatically move the money just need on bills days like youā€™ve described :+1:

4 Likes

I think the idea is to eventually have bills comes straight from pots, so maybe that solves that problem?

I had an update last night, which iā€™m assuming was the public release of potsā€¦

1 Like