Kodi anyone?

All clear now. Thanks for explaining. Indeed, illegal products and services should not be advertised on Monzo forum.

Flagging posts by genuine users who are sharing their genuine opinions is a bit extreme. Who has decided that what they are streaming is illegal and that their device is illegally modified and bought from an unlicensed seller?

Personally I bought my Fire TV box for £50 from Currys, downloaded some legal add-ons and use Kodi, which is also legal, to watch streams which are not infringing anyone’s copyright.

When users are trying to help out other members of the community to get the most out of the technology on the market I think we should assume they are innocent until proven guilty.

It’s not illegal to use Kodi, so people should be free to discuss it without being censored.

3 Likes

Hi,

You are right when you say the Kodi and Fire Stick software aren’t illegal in themselves, however I think it’s quite clear by some of the posts, that they hint of links not working, some have mentioned a particular build (Durex build) or software (Mobdro) which are illegal.

Those are the ones I have personally flagged and flagging in itself doesn’t carry any sort of penalty, the posts are just removed so that Monzo are not seen to be endorsing those sort of behaviours.

4 Likes

My bad I did mention something I shouldn’t have done. Have edited my post to reflect this. Wasn’t intentional but on the other hand I should have known it was a no go area.

2 Likes

No worries. You know for next time :wink:

1 Like

Yup, let’s keep this forum clean of piracy talk. :+1:

I’m a big fan of Kodi as the open source media player and it’s unfortunate that its name has become synonymous with these builds/plugins/players.

4 Likes