✅ Joint Account cards should be different colour!

:stuck_out_tongue:

Any update on this now that business accounts have their own colour and multiple colour cards exist for plus

Please fix this. I literally have not signed up for the joint account because the cards are not distinguishable enough, whereas our current joint barclaycard is.

1 Like

Wow of all the things that’s what is stopping you? :open_mouth:

This is an easy fix! If you really want a more obvious difference you have a few options:

1. Write on or colour part of the card with a marker
  2. Stick a sticker on one
  3. Sign up for Monzo Plus so you get a different current account card
  4. Purchase a card cover from here: https://cucucovers.com/ Loads of cool designs, pretty cheap too!

You can then enjoy all the benefits of a joint account and wonder why you didn’t switch sooner :sunglasses:

3 Likes

OK cucucovers does look really cool but somehow I really don’t like having to DIY fix the problem - or worse - pay Monzo to do it!

2 Likes

Did Monzo change the design eventually? I’m looking to get a joint account and the Monzo page on joint accounts says the following:

You’ll keep your personal Monzo account and card, and we’ll send you both a shiny new joint account card – with a different design so it’s easy to tell them apart.

Nothing has been announced.

I guess that line means the card says ‘Joint Account’ in the top corner which is hardly a different design in my opinion.

This is something customers asked for when I worked at Lloyds, the Credit and Debit cards were so similar in colour and design it caught a few people out (accidentally using a credit card in a cash point, or using the wrong card at the tills when putting the lottery on).

Joint Account cards are still Hot Coral with ‘Joint Account’ in the top-left and ‘Monzo’ in the top-right corner of the card

The easiest way is obtain a colour change is to upgrade your personal account to Monzo Plus which will give you 2 alternative card colour choices plus (cough) the ‘Monzo plus’ logo is in the top-left. So very visibly different to an existing Joint Account card. Not cheap though unless you see other reasons for going Plus.

Any time people with joint accounts ask for anything or suggest feature parity with single accounts, Monzo:

6 Likes

I would love different colours too. Selectable from the Monzo Logo colours all in garish bright as with the orange/red they have now

2 Likes

Accidentally used my joint account card again today to pay for lunch. Glad it’s just not me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You could put a dot of Sharpie (in your favourite colour) on one of the cards…

The issue is that you would probably have to do a lot more than a dot

95% of the card is identical to the normal

I’ve put a strip of black electrical tape across the face of my joint card :+1: hard to miss and doesn’t come off like sharpie…

And no it doesn’t get stuck in cash machines (which I barely use)! :wink:

2 Likes

Monzo should fix this, rather than us having to put tape on our cards

I’m curious, is anyone else aware of banks where the joint account is nearly identical to the personal account card?

I still have a Smile joint account, though I’ve closed my old personal account. They have no differentiation at all between accounts other than card number. Monzo at least have the white strip at the top and the two embossed dots below the name.

Yes, Monzo should absolutely spend time and resources changing the joint card to cater for the small proportion of people who have a joint account and are incapable (for whatever reason) of seeing the difference between the two cards.

That seems like a sensible thing to do.

3 Likes

It literally says ‘Joint Account’ on the card…

We’re all human and make mistakes sometimes but if you repeatedly fail to look at your card before you use it the solution might be a bit simpler than your bank changing the colour of all the JA cards…

That’s a bit harsh. It’s not a great user experience as it is, and it takes relatively little effort to make that kind of change. It was worse when business account cards were the same colour, at least that’s sorted. But the differentiation between c/a and j/a is minimal right now, and depending on orientation of card in your wallet may not be visible.

2 Likes