iOS Messages app for group Saving Pots

Just to build on Naji’s comment - you could use Monzo.me to send requests to be paid back, to everyone in your group, in iMessage. But obviously that would be quite a slow process, if you have to send lots of messages and there’s also no way of linking the request to the payment.

Bill splitting will let you send multiple Monzo.me links to contacts, from a single transaction records & the payments will be attached to transactions, Zancler shared a preview here -

I’m not sure how this could feed into a group chat in iMessage (I expect the links will be sent by text) but maybe the Monzo team have thought of a way. It’s a start anyway & it should be released in Q1.

My guess is that at some point (what Naji’s hinting at), Targets will adapted for bill splitting so when you ‘share the cost’ of a transaction, a Target will be created where the Overall Monthly Target is the total cost of the transaction & instead of categories, you’ll see Contact’s names. Each of the Contacts Targets would be the amount that’s been requested & the £x out of £x will show how much they’ve paid / still owe you. Maybe :thinking: