[iOS] Large Backup Size (Over 5GB!)

I have a feeling that the Monzo app backup includes every image and the entire database downloaded… which is kinda silly.

Though, having said that, I’m not sure how much control iOS app developers have with regard to what data is included in a backup.

1 Like

Did anyone find out why this backup is so big? My monzo backup is 1.81gb. that’s ridiculous.

What happens if I don’t back this up? I assume that it doesn’t transfer, or recover if I get a new device or repair.

I’d forgot about this and just checked mine. Around 58mb now. I’m not sure but I think I turned Monzo backup off then on again.

1 Like

I actually tried what you suggested and it went up to 2.41gb - up from last time. :crazy_face:

I don’t understand why the download is so big.

The reason I noticed this was because I recieved an email from Apple about my iCloud storage. I’m just going to have to prevent it updating if it means I run out of iCloud space. I refuse to give Apple any more of my money.

1.48GB for me. I’ve no idea why it’s so large!

2.49.0 #528 on iOS 12.3.1 on iPhone 7

All Monzo data is stored on Monzo servers, so there really isn’t any need to keep an iCloud backup of the app database. I have Monzo app backups turned off (as well as app backups for other service apps).

5 Likes

Looks like this has been fixed in the latest TestFlight:

3 Likes