iOS 12 Siri Account Balance

I’ve managed to make a Shortcut that makes most of the authentication as smooth as it can be (on a phone).

The first time you run the shortcut, it brings up the dev portal page where you just enter your email, when you exit that page it’ll jump you over to the mail app.

Then when you get the email from monzo, instead of clicking the auth url you tap and hold and run the same shortcut again through the share option and voila you’re authenticated and you’ll see your balance each time you run the shortcut (until the auth expires).

The only bit I need to figure out still is what response you get when the auth has expired so I can delete the auth token and make you authenticate again. So I’ll be sure to post a link once this final part is nailed down :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok here we go!

(See the comment within BEFORE you use it the first time)

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/cebb6006f5704cc39d8f9d4705e534ec

I’m contemplating making a site for this so I can use a confidential client secret that I can refresh, so you’ll only ever do the auth process once.

Will see if the auth process ends up annoying me into making this before Monzo just take an hour to add it as a Siri shortcut in the app.

tried using this, when i put in my email address into the auth website, the submit button doesn’t work

Weird, have you quit the shortcuts app and tried again? Also did you let autofill enter your email?

yes i have. no it didn’t. any other ideas?

No idea, you could try changing the “Show web page” action to “Open URL” and see if it works any better in the browser? I only used show web page as I didn’t want to have to close that tab every time.

Actually never mind, realised I could mimic the post you do to get the email and save you this step. Will post an update to my shortcut soon.

Here, try this one. First run will do that initial post for you and switch over to the Mail app. Then carefully tap and hold on the link in the email and share, then select the shortcut again and you’re all set :slight_smile:

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/72b765621fde41fb94affd961df46759

I think the issue is the I’m not get an authentication email. So I can’t copy and best the link.