"Invest in yourself" - marketing for Plus

But it was marketed as a loan

I need to borrow x amount to have the amount I need

No, it’s the message.

1 Like

Super charging my roundups didn’t make the top ten this year? That’s crazy.

So much angst and passive agressiveism from people who should really know better - all about an opinion they disagree with. Chill out.

3 Likes

That’s all this community is now, especially if criticising Monzo.

@Ordog, please see link below:

2 Likes

:eyes:

2 Likes

If I’m honest I can see what the OP means here - I don’t think signing up for £5 a month premium account makes you get to your savings goals faster - okay so advance roundups might help but only if they offset the £5 you pay as well.

I don’t think I’d go as far as to say it’s unethical, but I don’t think it’s beyond the realms of possibilities of seeing how this can be taken. Nothing to get defensive on either side about, just opinions and reasons why!

5 Likes

I can see the point about interest, that’s a bit silly

3 Likes

That too, for sure. It’s not even possible to make the £5 fee up in interest so you’ll never, ever save faster doing that.

Advance roundups I can see how Monzo are playing that one, but I do have to agree with the OP a little in that it’s… on icy grounds at best.

I suppose I mostly just want to allow people to differ in opinions in a nice and civilised manner :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Bigger round ups are a nonsense product.

I round up via Moneybox - up to the nearest pound collecting via DD so when I track my spending I know every transaction at say £1.71 is really £2 and I note it accordingly.

Makes no sense when it doubles the round up.

2 Likes

People do the 1p challenge to save others do bigger round ups, they may not be for you but it can be useful for others, its still a valid product, just not one that appeals to you. I am not keen on moneybox because of the potential fee’s but I am not going to say its a “nonsense product” its just not for me.

I think they missed a trick by not putting in details about virtual cards linked to pots to help hive money for bills away to help manage spending.

1 Like

They’re talking about this, which happened:

Edit: Oh, I see it’s already been pointed out. Ignore me.