Introducing the new Monzo Plus

Can we have the option to add our own Monzo account to our account via Open Banking? We need feature parity with NatWest right? :rofl:

Joking aside, I’m happy to pay for a best in class implementation! Where is contributing allows for much more dev time and a fully featured implementation!

I see what you did there :rofl:

When I click the link for monzo plus, nothing happens? Am I doing something wrong

Staff can actually do this - it’s useful for testing but would be super confusing to let everyone do it :joy:

3 Likes

I actually don’t have that button on my connected account. Weird. It’s a savings account but I was able to do a easy bank transfer from it. Is that a bug or intended I wonder? Seems odd to me.

This is all super helpful feedback. Appreciate you taking the type to express what does and doesn’t work for you. Few follow up thoughts from me:

Really good point. I don’t actually think we’ve thought of that (“They’ll love the green!” :laughing:). Something for us to explore for sure.

Virtual cards are a bit like that! For some people, there is an obvious use case for Virtual Cards. We’ve tried to bundle this into two key value props; security and convenience. Using a virtual that you can immediate cancel after using on an unknown website means if those details get leaked, your account is safe (cc @alexs). In terms of convenience, you can use a virtual card for every transaction that’s not done in-person, so if you lose your new holographic card in the back of a taxi, you don’t need to update it online

Another really valid point. We use Experian for other parts of our borrowing business, but are yet to work out a way to incorporate into Credit Tracker. We’ve heard this a few times today so it’s one for us to think about.

Send us a photo when it arrives :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Ok I see thanks, though that’s a little more convoluted and shows lifetime spend only. I miss being able to see monthly spend for a merchant without having to export to a sheet.

Does the holographic card come in an ‘Investor’ variety :wink:

You could also achieve this by clicking through that way or just searching on the main feed for that merchant (when you press space it should turn into a little grey box if the name matches) and then using the calendar icon above the keyboard to choose this/last month etc.

I have it enabled and I’ve used it before when it was release last week.

Should I see the button on my connected account? Because I dont

Check the thread it’s on the back

We currently just check if your connected account is a current account or not for providing the button, as support on other account types isn’t consistent. We’ll look at exposing this for savings accounts that do support it sometime soon though!

3 Likes

Ahh that makes sense. I’d love to see it on my savings account as that is my main usage of other banks.

This was @bruno, @robinb and the Product Platform gang! With design support from @eoghan and some early work from the Plus engineers too. Huge cross-company effort, it’s not easy to make it simple.

11 Likes

Question - What is your plan for the future?

For example, you used to offer travel insurance and stuff, I’m still interested in this but no mention?

Thanks
Dan

1 Like

Strange! Looks like this for me

I don’t understand why Metro Bank is not an option when they support open banking. Can anyone tell me?

1 Like

Current Account vs Savings :wink:

Love the fact the v-cards have five years expiry on them, hoping it’s the same for physical card

2 Likes

Yh literally just clicked after i posted :man_facepalming: