1 Like

Love how the website is straight out of 2003

5 Likes

I’m disappointed they didn’t go with Barclays Flex :disappointed:

1 Like

To be fair, that is the media site.

The consumer version is here (straight out of 2010) Instalments : Amazon.co.uk

1 Like

Unless you’ve for the Amazon app installed, then that link takes you to an app version of the news and how it works.

Lots saying they can’t get credit on amazons site -

Doesn’t surprise me Barclays are very tough with credit approval compared to PayPal

1 Like

Jeez that’s awful

Approved me for Apple Watch credit and my credit file is shot :joy:

Interesting that it is a partnership with a regulated lender and with APR, I am sure Amazon is getting a cut.

But I am sure I used to be able to split into 3 or 5 interest free payments with Amazon before, like last year?! I wonder if they were developing and testing that to then eventually plugin a lender to make it a money maker.

Is interest free Amazon splitting into multiple payments still there or no?

I’m surprised by this oversight too. I rely on the ‘left to spend’ figure quite a bit. A key selling point of flex for me (over other credit cards/forms of credit) was the assumption that the Monzo app would do this forecasting. They should correct this as a priority, as it undermines the Summary feature. I messaged Monzo earlier and they acknowledged this is a gap they’re going to sort out, but didn’t have timescales for doing so.

4 Likes

Yes. Not on all products though.

1 Like

I was rejected from flex initially. @TheoGibson suggested it was a “legacy” rule that would be changed at some point soon. I’m now eligible for £3k so I assumed something had changed behind the scenes for everyone :man_shrugging:

9 Likes

Not really a big deal but I wonder if there is a fix for the following.

I previously had Monzo Plus so had a Plus styled Flex virtual card. I then upgraded to Monzo Premium so the app shows the new Premium styled Flex card but when I tap the “manage” section then the old Plus styled card is still there and also in Google Pay.

Removing and re-adding the card in Google Pay doesn’t change anything either. Still shows the Plus styled card.

2 Likes

Not yet, but we have a fix for this on our roadmap!

4 Likes

Anyone had it where they were invited to flex, saw what they were eligable for (3K) and then thought, I’ll finish this later, only to find when they come back to it you’re now not eligable? This has changed for me in the space of 5 days.

This used to happen with loans, would depend on where the roulette wheel landed on a few days later. Not seen that reported in a while though.

I’m sure when I asked about Flex and the offer further up, way way up somewhere. I was told the offer would be valid for 30 days or so.

Edit

I found the post, does say there’s a small chance the offer would change.

Well support refuse to even discuss anything regarding it so looks like I’ll just go back to forgetting flex exists!

What happens when you ask?

We can’t discuss are internal eligibility criteria and they seem to refuse to acknowledge or was to discuss the fact I was offered £3k 4 days ago

That seems like a fair answer to me, they can’t reveal the reasoning for their decisions or people could game it etc

It’s a shame you missed out, but it’s always likely - even with other credit services.

1 Like