Introducing Monzo Flex – a better way to pay later 🚀

I didn’t sign up for anything and the option just popped up. I also got an email beforehand.

3 Likes

Not sure if this is the correct place (or who to tag) … but on the feed for Flex, can we add (or have the option) to display the number of months remaining until that plan is paid off?

As someone who uses their Flex card like a credit card, I use it near daily and I’m starting to forget which plans I need to change from the (new) default plan to another.

5 Likes

Like rather than it saying "Choose Plan’ it could say “X days remaining before default chosen”, that sort of thing

2 Likes

That could work before the default is chosen. But once a plan is in place, I’d still like x payments/months remaining.

3 Likes

Very timely feedback. We’re reviewing the Flex feed and how it will work with the new app design at the moment, so I’ll feed this in to the team :pray:

16 Likes

Afternoon everyone :wave:

A few updates for you:

We’re rolling out physical cards to all existing Flex customers :credit_card:

[As posted in the physical card thread]

Firstly, thanks for helping us test the cards. It helps us get really quick feedback and spot any bugs. You probably don’t get to see it as you already have the features, but we’re able to update journeys and words in the app really quickly and the product is undoubtably better thanks to your feedback.

We’ve wrapped up the physical cards test and I’m excited to say we’re going to roll them out to all new and existing Flex users. From today we’re starting to roll the cards out to existing customers. We’re spreading this over a number of weeks so we don’t drive a sudden spike in orders to our card supplier. But if you want to get to the front of the queue, I suggest you sign up for early access to the default plan feature and we’ll see what we can do :eyes:

We rolled out Pay in Full to all users a few weeks ago too. So soon all Flex users will have the option to have a physical card and pay in full :rocket:

We’re phasing out the personalised Flex ‘squiggle’ on virtual Flex cards :city_sunset:

Virtual Flex cards have had a personalised ‘squiggle’ if you have a Plus or Premium current account. As more users order a physical card - which overwrites the personalised virtual card - it’s a feature that’s being used less and less. So we’ve decided to remove the personalised virtual cards.

The change should take effect in the app today, but the personalised design should stay in Apple Pay / Google Play until you replace your card or order a new card.

I’m off for 6 weeks, and won’t be checking my DMs :palm_tree:

After this Friday I’m going to be away for 6 weeks. Some members reach out via DM with feedback or to get access to features, but I won’t be able to check them so please make sure you add anything to this thread!

30 Likes

Enjoy your break Tom, well deserved, and thanks for such great engagement with the community to test all the new Flex features.

Hope you’re planning some serious relaxation.

9 Likes

#jealous

9 Likes

I paid off some balances on Flex, the bulk went as Transfers but then the interest charged on top has come through as the tagged category.

I see how people were annoyed when it all changed now, and Flex isn’t showing the credit towards the same category.

Possibly cuz I’m tired but it seems to be missing key data.

I spent X on X date at eating out on Flex.

I send/pay off Flex by sending money from monzo, shown as Transfers out. Fine, I can handle this.

I’d expect to now see the credit in my Eating out data as shown here, or am I over thinking?

Edit: I just noticed it’s all in the Transfers section, but some part of me feels it should be the same as the spend in Flex.

I’m going to bed.

1 Like

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

This has achieved 2 things:

1. I’ve activated my physical card.
  2. You’ve completely ruined my Apple Wallet Aesthetic!

Old:

New:

Coral doesn’t compliment!

10 Likes

I understand how the Flex card works but now with the phtsical cards, is it possible to withdraw cash from an ATM abroad?? if so, will this be interest free?? rate applied?? and would it count towards your global international ATM limit or will it be two seperate ATM limits?? e.g. one limit for you Monzon Debit Card & another limit for your Monzo Flex CC

1 Like

No, you can’t withdraw cash on Flex.

So I made a purchase on my flex card on Amazon that I’d like to pay over 3 months, however since my default is pay in full, I can’t change it?

Edit: I am just thick. needed to use the slider :smiley:

11 Likes
18 Likes

BuT iTs NoT a CrEdIt CaRd

4 Likes

I guess we’re officially in our credit card era now :nail_care:

From the whole team, thank you. We couldn’t have done it without you. We literally couldn’t - the awards are judged on customer votes, and I know a lot of those votes came from the community. But also thanks for your regular engagement and feedback, which has helped shape what Flex is today.

Flex started as our take on a better version of Buy Now Pay Later, but our vision has always been for Flex to be a single product that can be replace both BNPL and Credit Cards. I’m really proud of the speed we’ve been releasing new features to make that vision a reality. It’s been a busy year!

And we still have a long list of things in the pipeline. Over the next few months we’ll be spending time iterating on existing features as well as working on some new ones.

Last time I asked what was on your feature wishlist the top responses were a physical card and default plans. So, what do you want to see next?

36 Likes

3 month automatic plan

A bit more control over what extra I can pay off. If I want to pay my next payment and the next one after that, I can’t, the second payment would come off the end. So today I can pay month 1 and month 3, but not reduce month 2.

17 Likes

Credit card pots! For Flex and connected accounts.

(When you spend on a credit card transfer that amount from your Monzo current account - or even a connected account - to a pot, which is also set up to pay the bill).

20 Likes

As you are laying out your vision for Flex to encompass the best of BNPL and credit cards, I would like to see something like the following:

• No payment taken from main account for pre-authorisations, even if those last a while (see credit cards handling this → they don’t include pre-auths that are still pending in the calculation of minimum/full balance payment)
  • Therefore, pre-auths staying pending (with an appropriate UI to clearly show what is a settled purchase and what is a pre-auth), and dropping without showing as a ‘refund’
  • Improvement to transaction list: ability to see notes without having to tap to go into the transaction and then scrolling down
  • Improvement to transaction view: currently the transaction date is not shown anywhere on this screen, I can only see the payment(s) date(s), the transaction date should still show there
14 Likes

Probably the statements, it says “You flexed a purchase” is just not very helpful - it could say vendor, e.g “Amazon” - You flexed this""

Or something like that, rather than “You flexed a purchase”

12 Likes