Introduce yourself 👋

Not sure on what overchatting is but welcome :wave: I guess by that we’re not going to see much of you but I hope you enjoy revisiting The Monzo :wink:

2 Likes

Ah thank you!
I’m not good at keeping up on forums, I know some really get into it. I’m useless.
:grimacing::joy:

1 Like

‘The Monzo’ sounds like an 80’s wrestler.

1 Like

The voice in my head turned really deep when I pronounced it :laughing:

Hello :wave:t2:
Just recently moved majority of banking over to Monzo. Just waiting on joint account overdraft to bring it all over.

1 Like

Welcome :wave:

If you haven’t already, be sure to vote for it in the below topic :slight_smile:

Thanks @Ordog :wave:t2:
I have just voted as this would be extremely useful and persuade the OH to move our JA to Monzo

1 Like

:wave::wave::wave:Hi my name is Daniel, I moved to Monzo over 7 months ago, the bank I was previously with did not offer what I consider for me to be necessary. Since I have been with Monzo, I have been really happy and I hope they continue to grow.

3 Likes

HI Daniel & welcome :wave:

Good to have you here, and most people are having the same positive experience with Monzo too :+1:
There are some very experienced users on here, so please ask away if you need help with anything :monzo: (and in some cases help on subjects which are nothing to do with :monzo: at all :smile:)

1 Like

:wave: Hey. I’m Anne.

Went full Monzo in 2018 (I think), and was a crowdfunding investor and beta tester before that (any idea how I get the flair added?) Decided to go full Monzo because of how easy the app makes my life, I guess.

Hope everyone is doing ok.

4 Likes

I recognise you from Flickr, i love your pictures there!

1 Like

Hi Anne & welcome :wave:

To get the investor flair, you need to have a moderator add you to the ‘investors’ group.
Usually this would involve sending a PM to @cookywook, but he’s on furlough.
You could also try @AlanDoe too - but I suspect you can’t send PM’s yet because of your forum trust level, so hopefully @AlanDoe will pick up the mentions in this post and sort you out with some :monzo: flair! :smile:

Edit: Just checking - does it show ‘BETA USER’ and ‘CROWDFUNDING INVESTOR’ in your Personal details in the app? (from Home, tap on your user icon, then the settings ‘cog’ then ‘personal details’)

3 Likes

Hi David :wave:

Edit: Just checking - does it show ‘BETA USER’ and ‘CROWDFUNDING INVESTOR’ in your Personal details in the app? (from Home, tap on your user icon, then the settings ‘cog’ then ‘personal details’)

Just checked and it does indeed show both in my app. Hoping @AlanDoe will pick up. Thanks again for this. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome to the Community Anne :smiley:

Should be all sorted now :pray:

3 Likes

Marko, Monzo user for a few years, wasn’t in a position to invest in previous rounds but now looking to pick up Monzo shares on the secondary market.

1 Like

Hi :wave:
I’ve been a user of both Monzo and Starling for a few years now, and love seeing the innovation they make compared to the ridiculous pace traditional banks evolve at (although perhaps pressure from neobanks will change this?). After a while stalking this forum, I’ve finally joined so I can get involved!

I’d love to invest in Monzo if they ever did a second crowdfunding round. Not sure if this is something being considered at all?

5 Likes

Hi @Lonford & welcome :wave:

Good to have you around and while there’s no harm in stalking the :monzo: forum it’s better to jump in and participate with your questions/answers/opinions.

No concrete news on an upcoming crowdfunding round (which would be the fourth one if it happened?) - I’ve lost count now :grinning:

3 Likes

Wow, I had no idea that there had been so many. Is there a way of making sure you’re notified if there ever is another crowdfunding round? Like a register interest page?

Keep checking in here :wink: and you’ll get as much almost-insider information and speculation available.

1 Like

The other option is to have a look at CrowdCubes website

Companies like Freetrade have upcoming crowdfunding rounds