International Transfer / Top Up to Monzo

Hi there,

I can see I can charge my Monzo Card via Bank Transfer, which is great, but I would really need to be able to transfer as well from international banks, so I can have 100% flexibility and forget other banks.

The nature of my job makes me to have clients in different countries and with different currencies, there I loose quite a lot of money all the time the client pays me in my currency account and I then transfer to current account, I usually then transfer directly to monzo at least I don’t loose interest when paying as well.

F

Hey @flp Tapas here at Monzo HQ! :wave:

I can let you know that you can also send a bank transfer top up to your Monzo card from an international bank! :earth_africa:

Here are the details for international transfers whilst we are in the prepaid programme:

Bank: BARCLAYS
Address registered to account: GRAINGER CHAMBERS, 3-5 HOOD STREET, NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE, NE1 6JQ, UK
IBAN: GB62 BARC 2059 4213 2195 85
Barclays SWIFT BIC (Bank Identifier Code): BARCGB22
Reference: The 9 digit token on the bottom left of your card THIS IS SUPER IMPORTANT

I’d double check these details just to be sure before making the transfer :blush:

Let me know if you have any questions :+1:

7 Likes

Hey Mr.Tapas!

Thanks for your quick reply!

I’d like to understand what would then be the exchange rate. I’m already with Barclays so I get all the time their awful exchange rate. Would this be the same if I send the money to my Monzo account through that Barclays Account you have given to me on the previous message or there will be some sort of Monzo Exchange rate on it?

Fx

Your bank does the currency conversion before the money is transferred to Monzo so you’ll still get whichever rate & fees they usually set unfortunately.

1 Like