Include bank transfers in budget categories

This is something I’ve wanted ever since going full monzo!!! For instance - went to the cinema with family & bought their snacks for them in advance, but when they paid me back my budget didn’t account for it :’(

1 Like

Going to post here for the third time in the vain hope that number of posts counts for something. The budgeting and categories function is really important to me to know how much I spend and where. I keep drifting away from using it for all the reasons everyone else has listed. Then start again with a new workaround. But workarounds don’t work.

Every movement of money by any means inward or outward needs to be catagorisable and update catagory totals.

Please Monzo can you comment on what you are doing to respond to this.

1 Like

I got monzo last week and now I have discovered that this seemingly obvious feature doesn’t exist I feel the whole thing is relatively useless to me. My flatmate and I split things constantly.

Does anyone know if Starling allows this?? I’ll change if so…

Unless it’s changed recently I don’t think Starling’s budgeting is anywhere near as advanced as Monzo’s

Get your flatmate to get Monzo, problem solved :wink:

How do you split things currently?

Surely Monzo can’t be any worse than your current bank?

I didn’t sign up to my current bank for budgeting capabilities and to track my spending.

Ordog
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

29 November

How do you split things currently?

Surely Monzo can’t be any worse than your current bank?

I’m confused :confused: So it isn’t worse than your old bank then?

I signed up to monzo to help me budget… if I can’t apply incoming money to budget categories it’s useless for budgeting.

In fact, my regular bank have just launched spending insights in the past 3 days in the app (RBS) and it seems I can put my flatmate’s transfers into budget categories there.

So actually, as of this week RBS are doing a better job of this than monzo.

Ordog
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

29 November

I’m confused :confused: So it isn’t worse than your old bank then?