I'm all for witty change logs, but ones like this are both unhelpful and unprofessional

I’d be interested to know how many beta testers there are. I’d guess most are users in this forum or on the slack channels, in which case most features have screenshots uploaded within the first 5mins :grin:

For me changelogs are a nice to have, but not essential. 99% of the time monzo do a lot more than most.

It was a late release on a Friday. I’d already left work, been to the pub, and gone home. I’m sure they were just looking to do the same :blush:

3 Likes

…if you check out the android slack channel, they’ve already found some hidden gems

3 Likes

Change logs are essential to me. And it’s very frustrating when companies don’t do them.

I want to know what I’m installing and what has changed - even if it is “bug fixes and performance improvements”. All I can deduce is that what I just installed is exactly the same as the previous version.

I don’t begrudge anyone for wanting to leave work after a long week but a release isn’t complete if there isn’t a descriptive change log to go along with it. That’s my experience of software development!

3 Likes

Cool. But I’m not on that channel. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s a public channel and lots of the time there’s some interesting things going on. You should check it out.

https://devslack.getmondo.co.uk/

6 Likes

I guess it can happen to the best of them. Citymapper, which once had the most brilliant release notes, went with “…” for its latest.

2 Likes

Will do! Cheers.

I actually found the honesty refreshing.

As said before much better than the meaningless bug fixes - without ever saying what mysterious bugs have been fixed.

3 Likes

Could be worse, could be like FaceBook, Uber, Instagram and the likes and just post the same notes every time which just say nothing.

3 Likes

:sweat_smile:

12 Likes

Well that’s just Slack :rofl:

I’m here all week

2 Likes

I think that this was absolutely the right decision. Things go wrong sometimes, but I’d rather have the release on the Friday - with a honest and humorous covering note - than wait until Monday.

6 Likes

I guess if enough people complain; change will come :man_shrugging:t5:

4 Likes

If my life ever gets to the stage that I get emotionally distressed over app release notes then I have no idea how I’d cope with real problems :confounded:

9 Likes

I have no time for these clowns, I’d hate to see how they would have survived in the 70’s/80’s when we could say and do what we liked without the offendotrons that we have now.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.