I want to know who I send cash to in the "Send" tab

(Niki Mukhi) #1

In the “Send” tab it currently displays all my contacts, of which only a few are currently on Monzo.

It would be nice if this list only showed who I could send funds to instantly, and have a separate section (even within the same tab) to invite people who aren’t currently using it.

Thanks!

(Hugo Cornejo) #2

Thanks a lot for the feedback. I think you’re going to love the new iteration of “Send” that @zancler has been working on :slight_smile:

Bill Splitting 1
Send Money Improvements 2

Hi Hugo,

Is the ‘send money’ function not set-up on android yet? I am Monzo user on apple but could not send money to a friend who has Monzo on android.

Thanks

(Alex Sherwood) #4

No it’s not but it’s on the roadmap as due in the next few months.

( related to Monzo CEO, Investor in Monzo ) #5

I think it is possible -

(Alex Sherwood) #6

Good point Ian so to clarify

this function doesn’t need to be available on Android in order for you to send money from the iPhone app to a contact with the Android app.

(Ben Green) #7

Am I right in saying that as long as the phone number your sending the money to has a Monzo account, regardless of what platform they use, then they’ll still receive it? Just currently that Android users don’t have the ability to send it.

(Adam) #8

yep thats it. iOS can currently send to either iOS or Android, Android can not send anything.

If you are on iOS and you can’t send a payment then you need to contact in-app support for verification.

(Alex Sherwood) #9

Here’s a better screenshot of the new design, from www.monzo.com/home

(Ben Green) #10

Didn’t even know this page existed. How did you find it? And why isn’t this the actual home page instead of monzo.com?

(Alex Sherwood) #11

I’m pretty sure this will be the new home page, which was in stealth mode, until now :wink:

Steve Harris found it & posted it in the developer’s Slack community yesterday.

(james_e_bell) #12

I like that design (and people have been asking for see friends on monzo for a while)

I would like a ‘frequently paid’ at the top too (or just sort them that way(which maybe it is already!))

(Tristan Thomas) #13

You guys are pretty sleuthy! :tada:

(Alex Sherwood) #14

I agree, that’s probably not necessary now but once there are a lot more Monzo users (so you have lots of friends on Monzo) & users are paying bills with this feature (I expect that will be after the current account launch, for most users), that would definitely be useful.

(Alex Sherwood) #15

Tristan’s just added this to the roadmap, it’s up next might be up next :wink: (see Tristan’s reply below)…definitely due within the next few months anyway! :tada:

(Tristan Thomas) #16

Woah woah woah, that’s not an ordered list :wink:

( related to Monzo CEO, Investor in Monzo ) #17

looks like Hugo has got it already :wink:

(Alex Sherwood) #18

Great spot! :eyes: :laughing:

( related to Monzo CEO, Investor in Monzo ) #19

Hey @tom did Monzo get chance to video any of this - seems to have been a well received talk judging from twitter