I am worried about Monzo closing my account

Did you forget to switch back from the emoji keyboard to the QWERTY one by mistake? Embarrassing when that happens. Especially when it’s to your granny and you have to make out that you were watering your aubergines and peaches and just wanted her to know as she likes gardening…

1 Like

I :raising_hand_woman: don’t :no_good_woman: see :eyes: what’s :woman_shrugging: wrong :x: with :tipping_hand_man: their :arrow_right::man: messages :email:

4 Likes

I was sitting there thinking @ndrw must be writing a book this is taking so long. I understand why it took you so long to type one sentence now :rofl:

1 Like

To be fair in London buses don’t take cash.

They don’t take many people at the moment, either.

Why no many people called anon

Trolls accounts removed, job done

Because Monzo got bored closing random bank accounts so now they’re doing it to community accounts :thinking::woman_shrugging::wink::joy:

4 Likes

Did anyone else see that or just me?

Some random accounts doing voodoo chants then poof it went?

1 Like

You didn’t imagine it. Someone or something is closing down spam accounts almost immediately…
my guess is feathers is working overtime :joy:

3 Likes

No idea what language it was.
I tried translator but it said a error that i was entering multiple languages so I guess it was a attempt to make it impossible for us to know what he or she was saying

1 Like

It’s the same bored person who’s been here all weekend still. Must have a truly sad life to keep trying to make accounts to troll the forum 🤦

Could be a group as at one point 3 of them was talking at once

1 Like

It’s school holidays. The children are bored.

I think a bit of French, Latin and something that resembled an Austronesian language.

1 Like

‘tlhIngan’ - English - Klingon translation | TRANSLATOR.EU

1 Like

A good way to mitigate account closure (or suspension) is not to rely on a single current account or a single bank card. There’s no reason these days not to open more than one account. Also have at least one credit card with a decent amount of credit available for emergencies. This also mitigates temporary technical problems with a bank, card scheme, etc. So many people put all their eggs in one basket then complain they have to use a food bank to feed their family.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community! Monzo have the right to close any account with 2 months notice - you agreed to that when you registered.

Other banks do it, Monzo are probably just getting more coverage for it because it’s a new bank etc. etc.

Read the thread, move bank, move on, and deal with it. :slight_smile: Have a good weekend.

1 Like

I’m a member on there just to read some of the stories and my account is in good standing. As I’m sure quite a few others are too so I wouldn’t use this to support your theory.

Your account won’t have been “closed for no reason” either. Reading the most recent topic on here you will see that we found the most probable cause despite the person originally believing the same as you.

I do however agree that it was sloppy of Monzo to agree to reopen and then close it again straight after. That must have been frustrating.

2 Likes

Put a complaint into the ombudsman and they can look at your case although I’m not sure they’ll give any more compensation since that’s already quite a bit

1 Like