Huel, Saturo, yfood etc

I too prefer the new Vanilla flavouring to the old one… I believe the older version is still available though?

Yup, and it’s still the only option outside of the EU by the looks of it.

Yes, I’ve just tried both and don’t find either of them too bad. Maybe if I’d been a long term user and they suddenly changed the recipe I might have a stronger feeling.

1 Like

yes, fortunately both are (still?) available

1 Like

In my case I tried the new after a year “eating” only original vanilla or original vanilla mixed with unsweetened… so the change was quite a shocker for me, I did enjoy coffee though.

but now that you mention it I notice a general distate for strong flavours after this food-less period.

1 Like

I tried my first one yesterday. Firstly I just shook it but there were too many powdery lumps. So I found a dusty old blender in the cupboard and gave that a whirl, both literally and figuratively. Much better. I purchased the original vanilla one and on this occasion I added the banana flavouring. I didn’t like it. Today, however, I’ve tried the chocolate one and I do like it. Luckily I bought the bigger chocolate pack as well as the sample pack so all is good. I’ll see how I feel about huel after a week of trying some of the others (but definitely not one that has coconut in it :face_vomiting:).

Fresh or frozen fruit and/or bananas seem to taste better to me than their flavour boosts :yum:

3 Likes

Lobbed a banana in the last one. Infinity times better than the banana flavour boost.:ok_hand:

1 Like

For anyone reading who hasn’t tried, my vote is for the old vanilla over the new.

2 Likes

Literally ordered the day before they announced. Kicking myself slightly!

1 Like

Yep I’ve been a Huel user for a while now. I tried it as a lazy boy way of loosing weight and it has definitely worked. I have it for breakfast and luch 5 days a week and eat normally with controls the rest of the time.

It made me want to blow chunks the first time I tried it it tasted awful and was terrible at room temp. So I experimented with flavour boosts and loved the toffee and caramel flavours.

You have to have it fridge cold and with falvour boosts, now I actually enjoy it.

2 Likes

Has anyone tried the new berry flavor? I’m looking at picking some up v soon.

1 Like

I’m trying it now…not my cup of tea.

1 Like

Been using Huel for the past 5 days. I skip breakfast so I’ve only replaced lunch with Huel.

So far, not much difference? No bad symptoms or anything, but nothing good either. :man_shrugging:

Not a fan of it, tasted ok, but too grainy.

1 Like

I’ve got a spare bag of the Berry mix if anyone wants a go? I’ll just ask you to pay for postage.

1 Like

I’ll take it off your hands if you don’t mind? :grinning:

1 Like

Yep no bother. Are you able to wait until Saturday for me to post it?

1 Like

Sure, there’s no rush.

1 Like

What are people’s thoughts on the berry flavoured Huel? Thinking about adding a bag to my subscription next month!

Referral link if anyone needs one: https://huel.mention-me.com/m/ol/ff6jy-jason-smith