How much can you withdraw from an ATM?

Hey - thank you for pointing this out! The £300 limit is for an HSBC Bank account but I have now added in the other HSBC accounts with higher limits e.g. HSBC Premier and HSBC Jade.

1 Like

Also misspelled HSBC ‘Premier’ as ‘Premiere’. Like a film premiere :sweat_smile:.

EDIT:

Cash can be taken out on a Monzo card like any other bank. You can use your Monzo card at any Mastercard ATM. All UK cash withdrawals and payments are free of charge and the daily ATM withdrawal limit is £400 in the UK. There’s a monthly limit of £5,500.

I think it should be clear to point out that many UK ATMs are LINK only - and that it won’t work like ‘any other bank’ as the significant majority of banks issue cards that use the LINK network which Monzo isn’t a member of.

You also can’t say that ALL UK cash withdrawals are free of charge as many ATMs charge a fee for withdrawal. This article is saying that somehow that will be free.

Not Monzo’s best blog post.

Santander is £1000 for Select Current Accounts, and £1500 for Private Current accounts.

https://www.santander.co.uk/personal/current-accounts/select-current-account

Also NatWest you can actually negotiate the limit as long as it’s reasonable regardless of account type.

But not everyone would be eligible for either of those accounts

Plenty of people aren’t eligible for their standard bank account either.

Well more people would be eligible for their standard accounts in comparison to their premium accounts which need a decent amount in per month or have a holding of money with them already

Less than 0.1% of people are eligible for HSBC Jade yet they included that.

As @TTJJ has pointed out it’s not about how many are eligible. If you are going to make a comprehensive list of every atm including higher limits you might as well do it right and include all the amounts. As mentioned above with Jade you need half a million minimum.

1 Like

Fair enough - where my Coutts comparison :rofl:

1 Like

Well Coutts is just NatWest underneath. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’ll ask my butler how much the ATM limit is.

Missed off the other major fintechs like Fidor Bank, Atom Bank lol :joy:

My Fineco app says I can withdraw £5,000 in a day

Atom bank is bit of a misnomer as it doesn’t have standard bank stuff like a current account with debit cards for ATMs.

I was just joking about those 2 - I don’t think anyone needs to know

1 Like

Looking on the Fineco website that can be in one transaction! Imagine being stood behind that person in the queue and then finding no cash left when all you want is a tenner.

Cash withdrawals up to £5,000 at a time

1 Like

Haha yeah. You can adjust it in app between £1000-5000.

Unfortunately I don’t have anywhere near that amount in there to test it. I could transfer some over from Monzo but it would take me 2 and a half years to pay back in :smile:

2 Likes

The Barclays limit is wrong. The maximum for a normal account is £500 pay day.

That’s already been pointed out

£300 is the default but you can increase it and not just on pay day

They changed all the other incorrect info in the post I replied to but not Barclays. So I was pointing it out to that reply as it was missed, as it is now as far as I can tell the only incorrect price of information left.

The default is 300, the default max is 500. The amount can be set by the customer at any time.

1 Like