How many of your friends/family use Monzo?

(Simmy) #1

I only have one person, my cousin who travells abroad a lot for work and finds Monzo the best for spending abroad.

(Dan) #2

6 family members and 29 friends using Monzo :joy:

I have really sold them. My elevator pitch has improved every time :eyes:

(Caspar Aremi) #3

Most of my friends have Monzo, a bunch use it as their main account, some only use it as a backup/travel money card.
Of my family I know my sister has one - she came to visit last year and was noting everything she spent down in a notebook so she could keep track, so I showed her the app and she signed up as soon as I gave her a golden ticket. I think she uses it as her main account now.

I’m going to work on my parents when I get home, they just have a joint account but each withdraw cash as spending money regularly, if they each had a Monzo account and sent money to those they’d have a much better idea of what they had or needed.

(Simon B) #4

40 or so not including colleagues!

(Jack) #5

No Family.
7 Friends,
Although I know some of my friend’s partners have since signed up.
In the process of getting a family member onboard :grin:

Still none.

(Andy) #7

4, none of which are main bank

(Jonathon) #8

Almost everyone I know has a Monzo account. It’s used mostly for transfering money to and from each other with ease. I’m the only person I know who uses it as their main bank account.

(James Murray-Ferris) #9

No family about 10 friends.

My mom and dad are hard sells especially my mom who hates her mobile as it is

(Lancelot Payne) #11

Currently I’m the only user in my family at the moment but quiet a few of my friends are using Monzo and are enjoying the experience :slight_smile:

(Change Works) #12

That reminds me, I must Google how to get friends :grinning:

(Ghost) #13

2 family members and 1 friend who now uses monzo as his main bank.

(Toby Toller) #14

How can you be sure? Given you don’t use Monzo?

I only thought a few of my friends were using Monzo, but then looking in my ‘Contacts on Monzo’ in app I was surprised to see 71!

Funny to see that number rise in 3 weeks since last thread like this. Speaking of which any Coral Crew want to merge the two?

Accessing this section isn’t limited to those who actually use Monzo: I can still open it …

(Toby Toller) #16

That’s cool - wasn’t sure if the app/account still opened once closed, but I guess that makes sense for statement histories etc.

Oh I see. That’s the misunderstanding then: I never said I closed the account. It’s still open because I’m curious what they’ll come up with going forward :slight_smile: