Hoover / Vacuum Cleaner Chat

I think there’s a kind of vent on the tubing of the Henry which reduces the suction (a bit primitive I know) but I always have it on full throttle anyway. BTW I had a Shark but was disappointed with it as it wasn’t very robust. However most on this thread seem to be Shark fans so I guess it’s all very subjective.

1 Like

You can but you’d be better using a mallet.

(I’m here all week)

5 Likes

+1 for Gtech. I bought the upright, handheld and car accessories for £299 a couple of years ago as a Black Friday deal.

2 Likes

No one has suggested a robot hoover yet, feels unlike this community :pensive:

1 Like

I’ve personally never been sold on their practicality. They feel like a gimmick to me that’ll cause more problems than it solves. Especially if the reliability of other smart controlled and automated appliances are anything to go. And cordless stick vacuums are convenient enough that they make the task easy enough to do that it’s not so annoying you feel like you have to outsource to a robot.

Now a robot lawn mower on the other hand. If your neighbours won’t let you rewild your garden, they’re life changing.

1 Like

We purchased a Dyson V15 a couple weeks ago, and it’s excellent. Much better than the Gtech Air Ram MK2 we had before.

And now it’s got £100 off…

1 Like

It’s important to look your best whilst vacuuming, right?

I’ve got a dyson cordless and think it’s pretty good. Like kettles, there’s a limit to how excited I can get about this, but I do think cordless was the right way to go for me. (Although I imagine my mum, who’s old and lives in a largish flat, would probably hate the bagless feature, hate the short battery life, and hate the extra weight on the wrist of a cordless vacuum, so each to their own.)

I think the dyson is a good product but I also hear good things about the likes of shark.

I was really keen on the idea of a robot vacuum but the practicalities of it in my house eventually put me off the idea. They’re not cheap, either.

3 Likes

I suspect this is more Monzo community tbh.

9 Likes

I wish! :heart_eyes_cat:

We have a robot as well as the dyson, it’s useful in some cases - but it’s not perfect, and can struggle getting around a 3,500 sq ft house.

We got a Dyson V15 a couple of weeks ago, major upgrade from our Shark which was an upgrade over the Dyson V6 we had.

Sticking with Dyson going forward.

4 Likes

100% yes.

3 Likes

Where’s the poll at? :wink: I’ve had a VAX ONEPWR Glide for about a year now, has to be the worst vacuum I’ve ever used! Even the washer function doesn’t make up for the general shoddiness… Was considering a Shark for my next one, but the Henry Quick being made in the UK (and also being adorable) is tempting me

Never heard of it, but looked it up. I was on board until I realised they created a proprietary bag thing for it. It’s extra landfill and quite costly (£20 for 10)

1 Like

Hmm…. a little off putting. £12.99 for 10 on their website, but even so. R-

1 Like

Arrived this evening, looks to be well built. I’ve no excuse to not clean my car now :joy: something to do at the weekend when I’m stuck for stuff to do at work.