Halloween 2018 : Released today!

One of my all time favourite horror franchises is ‘rebooted’ today. The new film is a direct sequel to the original 1978 classic and discards all the other movies. Really good to see Jamie Lee Curtis back in the role that ultimately made her famous!

Will anyone else be going to see it?

4 Likes

I’m going to see it either tonight or tomorrow, really excited to see it. :jack_o_lantern:

I’m most looking forward to Bohemian Rhapsody though coming out on the 24th :metal:

1 Like

I watched it last night in the US - well worth the cinema trip! There were lots of subtle (and some not so subtle) references to the original film that helped make it feel very authentic. Having rewatched the original earlier this week, I’d say the sequel is significantly more intense and seems to grip the viewer a fair bit more. As is customary nowadays there’s a bit more gore, but nothing that makes it unwatchable.

It’ll be hard to top Halloween Resurrection, but I’m optimistic.

So excited for this. Going to try and wait until 31st though!

Just got back from the cinema - never seen my local odeon so packed! It was fully booked tonight (so about 320-350 people) and the queues were huge with 3 staff working. Been a limitless member for 2 years now and never seen the cinema so busy!

Film was very good though, would recommend it! :ok_hand::jack_o_lantern:

3 Likes

I’ve seen it tonight.
Absolutely fantastic film and the nods to the original are really good too ( I won’t say anymore so I don’t spoil things!)

Highly recommended to anyone thinking of going to see it!

3 Likes

Just watched it. So good!! Glad I watched the original again last night as I appreciated it a lot more than I would have if I hadn’t.

1 Like

I never get to watch horror films anymore as my partner hates them :pensive:

I read the entire plot on Wikipedia … that’s the same as watching it right? :yum:

Scary films give me nightmares still (at 27 years of age) I stay away from them haha!

1 Like

I do that all the time with films I know I won’t go see :sweat_smile:

2 Likes