Goodbye Mondo, Hello M-- (we're changing our name!)

midas - Midas is the name of at least three members of the royal house of Phrygia. The most famous King Midas is popularly remembered in Greek mythology for his ability to turn everything he touched into gold.

Is down. Probably they deleted

That was in relation to the Mxyzptlk suggestion… https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mister_Mxyzptlk

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Does anyone know exactly the meaning of the word Mondo? I am just curious to know

Hi Glyn, we don’t disagree - it’s tough!

We’re hoping to find a great name over the next week or so, and we want to do it properly. It’s one of those things though - we think that spending too much time worrying about the name isn’t a good use of our time right now.

Thanks for submitting some ideas and fingers crossed we find a good one!

It was a name the team picked out about just over a year ago and doesn’t have any particular significance (of course, it means ‘world’ in Spanish though! :es:)

What about Montro? Combines money and control? Pretty much what Mondo helps us all do!

1 Like

I was aware. But I imagined the real consequences of such a feature.

Mantra as in “om money padme hum” or meerkat, or “more money”, or milligram (mg), or magnet, or magenta.

If the competition is…

How about… (Just kidding!)

2 Likes

Maybe M.O. As in modus operandi, as in we do things differently. :slight_smile:

what about miBank ?

you can then promote it in clips etc via a drop-down-like animation where mi gets replaced by words containing M (not necessary 1st position only, but anywhere in the word for some added motion)

I saw Mambo on the collage posted on Twitter and that sounds like it could be fun!

I’m still trying to push for Mojo though… :joy:

MYBA - Short for My Bank Account :slightly_smiling_face:

I think the best names are:

• Generally short/memorable.
  • Evoke positive/relevant meanings/associations. The interesting phenomenon of Ideasthesia. (cc:@hugo)

eg.
Moolah - relevant meaning
Mojo - positive meaning / association

Both great suggestions, although there’s the additional matter of trade mark checks.

A few more ideas…

(Emphasis could be placed on the ‘M’ :mondo: making it ‘Emotion’)

Edit: Or just the letter μ (like Prince!) to create a talking point. Interestingly, upper case mu is identical to Latin M.

And for fans of Bohemian Rhapsody

1 Like

I do like the idea of this :slight_smile:

+1. If “M” can be trademarked I think it’s by far the strongest suggestion.

M can signify the ‘mobile first’ nature of the company but also sounds secretive like Ian Fleming’s character M from the James Bond series.

Hot coral + M = perfect combination!

3 Likes

I’m with you lol mordor!

I went with ‘Manumo,’ figured it was only appropriate given the way I feel about Barclays and HSBC atm :wink:

Manumo