Get Paid Early - "When Will I Get Paid" Calculator

Ah fair, I didn’t spot the pre-empting question part of your reply :wink:

I can at least get why Bank Holidays cause a bit of confusion. Going from a Getting paid 4 days early seems… Unlikely.

And the scenario of “my pay day isn’t a bank holiday but the get paid early day is” just results in me doing this:

1 Like

When someone joins and makes their first thread, both have to be approved now don’t they?

Instead of “your thread is awaiting approval” could they get a “While we’re reviewing your thread…” type thing?

Give them a link to this and then maybe half a dozen key topics that will help. The guide from @davidwalton about how to log in, how to contact support, how to/when to reorder a card. Those few probably cover a lot of the things newbies ask.

6 Likes

That’s a great idea - I wonder what the Top 10 most commonly asked questions are?

Maybe a sticky post in Help, with a wiki of the Top 10 questions too?

1 Like

When will I get paid?
I can’t login
Where is my card?
How do I contact support?
Why was my account closed?
Is Monzo going bust?

2 Likes

Nailed it :rofl:

One extra one…

When is [insert feature] being released?

Which is what I’ve noticed people say they’re going to ask when they don’t get the answer they want on here.

Don’t forget the other howler:

Will it work with a Joint Account?

1 Like

“No”

2 Likes

Yes, you can enter anything into that field and it breaks :smiley:

Is this something that could be added to the Monzo app?

They don’t want people to rely on this feature. It’s pretty easy to work out when you know how it works too.

4 Likes

First time I’ve had this which could mess up people who plan around the feature :eyes:

1 Like

If it is starting to strain Monzo in any way, I wonder if discussions will be had about the feature too :thinking:

1 Like

Never seen that before and I use get paid early at least 5 times a month

Doesn’t seem to be a strain they can’t control

1 Like

It’s used a fair bit now, just to give the systems a bit of time to catch up with the request. Generally you’ll wait no more than 5 minutes.

They tested it a few months back as someone else mentioned it, I’m pretty sure @Dan5 confirmed at the time it was been tested to balance load and then would be used as and when required.

Edit - especially on the busy pay days

3 Likes

Just opened the GSheet to see if it works (after referencing it in a recent post) and it is view-only :frowning_face:

1 Like

Ah whoops, just changed it to edit mode :smiley:

1 Like

still use this, thank u so much!!

3 Likes

@BritishLibrary I need to request access to view this now, does it still work? :thinking:

2 Likes

yup same message you need to request access

Weird. Let me see what setting I changed.

2 Likes