Flux: The End of Paper Receipts & Loyalty Cards

Thanks you @gallifreyangirl! :smile: :muscle:

Nothing yet, but we have an amazing pipeline of retailers! Are there any retailers you’re particularly keen to use Flux?

Hey @thinklink :wave:

If I use flux integration with both Monzo and Starling, will you be able to recognise that it is the same user for loyalty purposes.

For example, with a paper loyalty card :-1:, I get a stamp regardless of how I pay.

3 Likes

Does Flux work on the current account yet? I added it back when I was using the prepaid card (even built up enough stamps to get a free lunch :grin: ) but now that’s in a draw as I just use my even more vibrant Monzo debit card.

2 Likes

Hey @Toblerone! :wave:

Great question, we are working on this now! :smile: Loyalty cards hasn’t launched yet with Starling but when it does we’ll allow you to have the same loyalty across multiple banks as we think this provides the best experience :raised_hands: Sound good?

4 Likes

Hey @sacha, we have successfully tested with the current account and it works! :ok_hand:

We are limited with the number of spaces we have but we can re-sync Flux from your prepaid account to your current account, transferring your points of course :wink: If you drop us an email hello@tryflux.com we’ll sort this out :+1:

Hey @thinklink :wave:

I know you have been getting lots of requests for other companies to integrate with down the line - could I just flag Tortilla though - because who doesn’t love a burrito! :dancer:

Glad you guys are getting some well deserved press today :clap:

1 Like

Hey there @Ralph76! :wave:

You’ll be happy to know that tortilla is on our radar, we’re also big fans of burritos! :burrito: :boom:

Thank you very much :smile:

1 Like

Tesco, Lidl, Aldi, Asda, Curry’s.

1 Like

Anywhere I shop :wink:

1 Like

YASSSSSSSSS :fist_right:

1 Like

is ‘flux’ just for IOS as i cant find it on android with the starling app

Hi @Millsey1989, we’re live with Android / Android Pay as well - check the play store as they’ve just released the marketplace update :smile:

1 Like

my bad i hadn’t updated the starling app. thanks for your help

1 Like

Not read all of the responses, so may have been suggested already. Would it be possible to integrate with spending categories, so when I buy groceries and fuel from a petrol station they assigned to the correct categories based on receipt content, for example?

1 Like

Hey @amb85, great suggestion and question!

We are absolutely looking at this - we would use this as you’ve suggested to give detailed categorisation on spending so that you can see exactly what you’ve purchased. The evolution of this is how we could use this information to give detailed budgeting information if of interest. :moneybag: :monzo:

1 Like

This looks cool, definitely something I would love to try out for myself. I too am on a mission to rid myself of receipts, hense the move to Monzo, but I need a more detailed digital solution - digital receipts being one, a digital space for my loyalty cards being the second (currently using StoCard), and an intelligent, fully customisable budgeting solution that integrates with the above - helping me to stay on top of my finances and to chop/change the verticals as I see fit when budgeting - currently using a custom made Google Sheets solution.

To answer your questions:

1. Looks like you’ve got it all covered.
  2. If I could rid myself of ever having to scan a loyalty card again, I’m all in. I moved from plastic to the StoCard app this year and I’m loving it, but it’s still one more thing I need to think about at the checkout, slowing me down .
  3. Yes, but offers moreso than suggestions - I say that because even Amazon sucks at making suggestions about other things I might like. On that, I’d want this to be subtle, and NOT be a blocker to getting to my destination. i.e. not like a typical bloated transaction journey where I’m asked if I want all these different products as well before I get the chance to actually checkout. The Dominos website is great for this - you add all the pizzas and sides you want to your order, and then, right before checkout, it automatically applies any applicable offers. Now that’s useful.
  4. Automatic integration into my budgeting solution. And, perhaps an intelligent feature that detects when I’ve bought the milk + dishwasher tablets my SO asked me to buy, alerting her to that fact so she doesn’t naively assume she needs to also go shopping because I always forget.

Hope that helps,
Den.

2 Likes

Hi Den! :wave:

This is awesome feedback, I really appreciate the detail you went into.

We are very much aligned on getting rid of paper and we are also making loyalty seemless so instead of another thing to think about you just pay with your bank card and everything else happens in the background.

:smile:

1 Like

Is Caffè Nero on your radar to work with? They have a simple stamp card for loyalty, and have recently launched an app that allows you to pay and collect stamps on your phone. But it would be so much easier to have this in Monzo directly. I rarely go to a chain coffee shop, but when I do it tends to be Caffè Nero. So it’s not worth carrying the card around all the time, but useful to have it when I drop by (usually at a station).

6 Likes

Yes they are on our radar! We too think that it would be awesome for stamp collection to be completely seamless so that you can just pay with your Monzo card and get stamps without any other stamps of steps at checkout. :ok_hand:

2 Likes