Flagging Posts

Those ones never come back.

I mean more the ones that visit daily to moan and jibe.

2 Likes

Well that’s trolling and their trust level should just be reduced as appropriate if they continue to break the rules, in which case all of their posts will be hidden unless ‘unhidden’ or their trust level returns to normal through good behaviour.

1 Like

What we all want is a place to chat, share ideas and generally help each other. Like the good old days.

Nowadays, regardless of the topic or content of my post, I post in the expectation that a keyboard warrior will kick off about something.

3 Likes

I’m flagging this comment…

:togo::ukraine::tr::us::sweden::new_zealand:

2 Likes

:pirate_flag:

3 Likes

Before I get flagged, which kind of LGBQT flag should I post?

4 Likes

Didn’t the NHS steal the main one? :face_with_hand_over_mouth: (Unless people flying them are LGBTQNHS+. :man_shrugging:)

2 Likes

I assume that this happens. I don’t know, though, since I have no visibility of that sort of thing. That’s a moderator/admin thing i.e. staff.

4 Likes

Which, I believe as far as the community is concerned, @simonb confirmed no longer exist. I know we have @cookywook and @AlanDoe, but are either dedicated to the community?

Alan’s role specifically involves the community, though presumably this is an “as well as other normal duties” thing.

Richard’s role is I think he said recently “Social [media]”, so when it comes to the community he’s effectively getting involved on his own time, I would think.

1 Like

I had two posts in that disappear. And neither were controversial. Very odd.

2 Likes

At least with all this talk of flagging on the forum no one is complaining about Monzo Plus or Monzo’s impending doom :wink:

6 Likes

Thank you @Peter_G!

Now then. At risk of getting this locked due to flagging again…

Out of interest, if coral crew flags a comment, does it insta invis? :thinking:

I’ve merged the two “flagging” topics and have reopened the thread.

A couple of things from me:

Firstly, I’m not sure that agonising over the state of the flags is helpful. Indeed, I think it’s probably exacerbating the problem by giving it prominence. That’s not me telling anyone not to discuss it, by the way, just that I don’t think any change or satisfactory conclusion will come of it.

Secondly, some of the critique of @Feathers has made uncomfortable reading. I know that folk have said that it’s nothing personal but he, like us all, is a volunteer. Someone earlier said assume good intent: I think that’s really important for us all to remember.

In my view the solution to both of these is polite but private feedback. To @cookywook and @AlanDoe if issues like flags really do disturb your enjoyment of this place. And to any of the Coral Crew if you disagree with any decisions we make.

I can’t promise that any of the Coral Crew are perfect, and we will certainly make mistakes, but I do know that we listen to feedback. But there are times when a decision needs to be made, or action taken. In those circumstances we aren’t usually inclined to give running commentaries or justification for our actions. I’m sorry if that sounds harsh, but meta conversations about what’s happened to the conversation are rarely useful and tend to do little except inflame the passions.

11 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

I’m gonna open this once more. If it autocloses again then we’ll be done until morning, I’m afraid.

Edit: and we’re done. Apparently even Coral Crew can’t permanently reopen a topic when there’s just so many flags in play.

Hasta mañana flag folk! :golf: :triangular_flag_on_post:

3 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.