Financial Ombudsman Service decisions

In y struggling to think of a case where you’d want to complain to the FOS without having suffered some kind of loss. Can you give any examples of these purely service issues?

Example 1: Monzo closed my account :sweat_smile::joy::sweat_smile:

I had an issue with a well known credit card company with their online website. They said I had to contact their support partner. My account relationship was with the credit card company as I don’t know their support partner from Adam. They should contact their support partner not me. Notwithstanding that I doubt if their support partner would speak to me anyway.

1 Like

If the issue with the website is affecting your ability to access your money, that just about scrapes in the ‘financial loss’ column for me. If it’s causing you to be unable to make payments, or adjust your limits, or anything like that.

If you’ve got no spending on the card and you’re just trying to close it, I’d probably chuck the card in a bin and wait for the company to close it for me instead of faffing with the FOS.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.