FINALLY! Monzo is the bank I have been waiting for! (If I could receive the damn verification code)

So I finally got above the other 12,000 people ahead of me. However when I go to order my monzo card i find they need a phone number - which was expected so no problems there. Then, I make an attempt to receive the code and no code has been delivered. Now this could be an issue with my phone but has anyone else had this issue? How can I resolve it? Can @simonb help?

1 Like

Hey Daniel, someone from our support team should be able to assist you here! I will PM you for some details shortly!

2 Likes

Thankyou Naji! Speak soon. :grin::grin:

1 Like

Hey Daniel, hope you got this sorted!

2 Likes

I had the same issue on my phone (ZUK Z2 running Nougat). Put my number in, got no verification code. The way around it for me was to change from country calling code to trunk prefix (I think?)

So instead of +44MYNUMBER I used 0MYNUMBER and it worked. I had the same problem when I tried submitting a request for a new pin. Only managed to get it working with the help of android support staff (thanks Ivan!).

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Sounds like there needs to be some better phone number normalisation and such somewhere in the process!

1 Like