FAQ desperately Needed

I signed up for the Monzo news ages ago, and almost forgot what it was about.
You really need a FAQ describing what you are, what you do, and how it works rather than pushing people to the forum to dig through a mountain of unsorted information.

So the IOS/Android pay thing you have.

How does the money get from my app to my bank?
How long does it take to transfer to my bank?
What security is in place to stop the sender recalling the money?
What if the money is somehow lost, who do i call to report it?
Is there a fee for sending money?
Do you do current accounts or saving accounts?
What’s the interest?
Can my salary be paid in?
How do I withdraw cash?

All this basic stuff is hard to find on your site, but dead easy to find on my banks site, Natwest, Barclays, Lloyds, etc.
It’s like you assume people know what Monzo is about, and that your a clique of people. You need to to cater to the people who have no clue what you do, or how you do it.
Love the idea though, and I’ll still be watching for future developments.

2 Likes

Until very recently, there did use to be one in place, as covered in my post here :thinking:

I’m not sure if it covered those topics though.

I absolutely agree… So much of my earlier dumb (and complaining) posts… Were due to not realizing how beta this is, and what should or should not work.

I really think a wiki, would do so much… Changes and updates to the app would be easily documented by the community, and errors corrected.

Sure a wiki does have some user error issues… But thats loads better than no information.

A few of us in the community are going to be meeting with the team early next week to hopefully discuss ideas like this.

Public documentation is top of the list of things I’d like to see improved. Maybe not in an FAQ format though. For the most part, clearer app and marketing messaging could eliminate most of the common questions asked here on the community site.

There’s a lot of great content buried in the community site today but it is difficult for new users to find, pulling the key information out in to a nicely designed and organised help site could be one way forwards. Detail the various restrictions and beta warnings while highlighting cool features and examples of using them.

5 Likes

We’ve had a few Wiki style posts on the community but they get lost. It’s getting to the stage where a standalone Wiki would help out more than the community forum in my eyes.

4 Likes

I suggested the same a while ago - @Naji said it was being looked into and hoped for “within the week” at the time… did anything come of that?

totally agree with that

1 Like

@OJFord Yep, it’s been a busy few weeks but it’s not been forgotten about :slightly_smiling_face: [quote=“RichardR, post:4, topic:6906”]
Public documentation is top of the list of things I’d like to see improved. Maybe not in an FAQ format though.
[/quote]

I agree with this, and will be meeting some community members before the open office this afternoon to discuss the best way to do this and next steps.

Will keep you updated!

2 Likes

Just as an update on this @OJFord . We’ve decided the best place for a comprehensive FAQ like this would be on the main Monzo website, in the form of a revised version of the Help page.

Zainab and myself are working on this at the moment :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Excellent, thanks for the update.
I look forward to developments :grinning: