Faded embossing on debit cards

Just a quick one here for @Monzo. I’ve found the white print on top of the debit card embossing is coming off really quickly. I’ve only had my card for about a week but the numbers and letters are already about half as prominent as they were when the card first arrived. Thought you might like to know this for when you’re considering card suppliers in future :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Mine has been doing this and I’ve had it nearly a year, I was considering requesting a replacement.

This has been mentioned loads before, all cards do it even the ones with the coral core.

2 Likes

The Card-Refreshing Tippex Bath 5000 … coming soon to the Monzo Store!
Dunk your card in it once a week to keep the numbers looking new and fresh!

3 Likes

Mine is a coral core one. Thought it was worth getting my bit in too :innocent:

And obvs, Monzo doesn’t want to be like all other cards/banks.

Please don’t request a new card just cause the numbers are fading… :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

Of course not, that would be stupid.

We have been looking into this :ok_hand:

It affects the hot coral core cards - the coral core is a bit less elastic than a standard core which causes extra stress on the white tipping so it cracks and comes off :frowning:

I think a new, better, material has been sourced and should be in the next batch of blanks we order :pray:

3 Likes

I quite like he vintage look it provides :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I haven’t got a choice if I can’t see any of the numbers, the entire white coating has come off.

It’s embossed, so can still be read easily…

You may be able to but that doesn’t mean everyone can

1 Like

It might be possible to still read (or feel) the numbers, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t look naff.

1 Like

Mine numbers have well faded

Can you read them? :upside_down_face:

file

7 Likes

yes :eyes:

3 Likes

Now let’s see if the numbers on the other side faded too

1 Like

I scratched it off so yes lol

1 Like

smart

Solution https://m.wikihow.com/Make-a-Leaf-Rubbing

Are these cards with the new material being issued now? Want to wait for the more durable material before I replace my faded card

1 Like