Early Users/Tester Unique Card Colour

but we’re… special :heart_eyes:

Exactly! That’s what my mum said anyway.

3 Likes

I don’t think it would be too difficult to do as many banks / credit card providers either allow you to choose a card design or have an ‘accessible card’ so would assume it would be a flag for a particular card design.

I’d rather see a different kind of perk for early users/testers. Priority support for life of the account, early access to new account features. That sort of thing.

5 Likes

There are plenty of prepaid debit card providers out there that aren’t banks :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Love this idea, was devastated when I had to get my investor card replaced and I received a beta card weep

1 Like

What’s the investor card look like??

All the cards basically look the same apart from the ‘alpha’, ‘beta’ or ‘investor’ text. They all work in the same way and no advantage to have one over another.

edit: Just found this on twitter

4 Likes

Really nice idea :slight_smile: agree completely

Nice idea guys - thrilled my beta card has arrived!

1 Like

The only investor perk i want is a 1000x return please :smile:

1 Like

even 400x would still be nice :smiley:

I received my BETA card yesterday.
I have to admit, I wasnt expecting something so vibrant :grimacing:

I’m going to use it for my online purchases.

Looking forward to seeing how Monzo delivers what they said they would in terms of being a bank, and I like the idea of rewarding those who took the risk and threw money in to help it acheive that status.

1 Like

just been for Sunday lunch and paid by Monzo ( actually a Mondo card :slight_smile: ) and the waitress said " ooh thats a bright card , love the colour , you wouldn’t lose that would you" which isn’t the first positive comment about the colour of the card Ive had in my 10 months of using it.

To change the colour would be a big mistake in my opinion - it would then become same old same old bank card

2 Likes

I think that people in the Beta should either get an engraved gold card, and or be able to pick a colour or even put a photo of your choice on the card similar to what barcleys did.

Any one after the beta should just get the standard card. :credit_card:

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTtLmIsSgYTgb9JP_RTEeV_eJnDdcYVS8RD7m7FZLT5sj8z47m6

1 Like

IMO, I think :monzo: should stick with their wicked (and very unique) coral coloured cards! :smiley: Ofc, removing the “Alpha / Beta / Investor” block once :monzo: has rolled into the final stages of a public release :slight_smile:

I for one, have been asked by several people and till operators what on earth bank I’m with / where that card comes from :wink: Monzo should definitely stick with the standout colour they’ve got going on :smiley:

5 Likes

I like the idea of having a ‘special’ card,why not? We’re all helping and it would be a nice individual touch,something that a multi national bank can’t do,but something that our bank should be able to.

Just don’t go for the standard corporate colours,something different that sets Monzo apart from the crowd. I guess that’s why were here as we’re fed up with ‘normal’ banking.

Who cares,be different.

5 Likes

I love this idea. :clap:

1 Like

@nexusmaniac

removing the “Alpha / Beta / Investor” block once :monzo: has rolled into the final stages of a public release

Even after the public release it would be nice to see special cards for Alpha/Beta participants since they helped to make Monzo what it is today. Something like ‘Alpha Participant’ or would look nice.

With regards to Investors, they should have a special card still, as they have funded the creation of Monzo, regardless of the business being publicly available or not. The existing ‘Investor’ text above on the card would still look good in the future, since they are technically still investors. :+1:

It would be more amazing if those people get better offers in the future (better interest rates, better credit limits… etc).

1 Like