Early sign up

Hello there,

I am currently 17 but my birthday is coming up in october 5months ;(

Anyway it seems that it takes a while for you to reviece the card and account from monzo after you sign up for the waiting list. So I was wondering if there was a way for me to sign up early but not reviece my account and card until I turn 18 because I know you have legal issues you must follow.

Or would it be possible for my mom to sign up with it and then transfer everything over to my own account once I get it.

Thanks,
David

2 Likes

Hey David, I love the enthusiasm :grin:

It should only take you a couple of weeks to get through the waiting list. But since you’re here, you could just take a golden ticket from this topic & skip the queue completely -

I’m not 100% sure what the technicalities around this are, I’m afraid. But you won’t need to worry about this if you do use a golden ticket.

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Monzo Card For Under 18’s

Hey David!

Hurry up and turn 18!

I wouldn’t advise this, as there will be some complications later when it comes to identity verification which dictates how much you can spend, withdraw and transfer.

As Alex said, the waiting list only takes couple of weeks and with the Golden Ticket thread you won’t have to wait long at all once you are eligible for sign up.

Current accounts will be available for under 18’s (17 definitely) but we won’t necessarily offer this as soon as we begin the wider current account rollout.

3 Likes

How long do you think it will take for the roll out to happen?

I’ve pulled together the details that Monzo have announced about the timescales for the rollout here -

Thanks, and I wish i was able to have an account now. That way i can have my Barclays as a saving and this as a daily user :frowning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.