Do you pay for Cloud Storage?

Yep that’s how they look on Monzo too. I’ll just keep dreaming of the day Monzo fix this.

Does anyone use or pay for a proper cloud backup service in addition to or instead of easy access cloud drives? Easy access cloud drive is how I would categorize Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, iCloud Drive etc.

If so which service do you use?

At the moment I don’t (I backup to my NAS) but think I should probably start. I should probably backup my NAS backup to a cloud backup/archive service.

1 Like

I pay for the 2TB iCloud and also have a WD cloud Nas 4TB drive, added my music cds to the WD Cloud but not backed up anything else really

1 Like

I pay about 5.99 a month for Microsoft office which includes 1tb of onedrive space

I pay for BackBlaze which is about $50 a year for unlimited backup for one machine. Works great and I’d say is good value. I’m just trying to move away from stuff stored on a PC altogether but haven’t figured out a solution yet.

1 Like

Do you pay for cloud storage with WD cloud or is the cost bundled with the hardware?

This is what I have https://www.wd.com/en-gb/products/personal-cloud-storage/my-cloud.html

All storage on physical hardware

I have a Mac along with roughly 7 iOS devices along with Apple TV and HomePod with family sharing, fully in the iOS ecosystem.

I use office but my mother pays for that currently :wink:

Since I started using a Mac only use Microsoft OS when employed have 2 laptops and a notebook with windows use them maybe at most once a month.

I currently pay iCloud for 200 GB Storage but use 6GB due to have a MacBook Pro 2018.
Iphone XS max.

I also think that we rely on cloud storage too much it grate and all but you can’t backup a Mac with time machine so that why I still use a Weston digital my passport 512 GB SSD external drive.

I also have unlimited google drive storage from my g-suit business email account.

Word of the day. I intend to use it as much as possible.

1 Like

I have the standard google drive 100gb drive deal, I also have a dell server with netapp storage shelf with nearly 90tb of usable space combined with plex and owncloud, im laughing.

I have iCloud storage for my Mac’s and other Apple devices. However my real goto is one drive as I get 1tb with office 365. I also have Google drive as I have an android phone.
And finally I have an AWS account with Amazon, I back up all my photos to glacier storage. Between myself and my wife we’ve nearly 3tb in photos and most other personal storage options seem limited to 1tb.

I used to pay for Google Drive but then I bought a NAS drive and it’s the best thing ever! Does way more than just storing files :sunglasses:

I also have a server. Only a 1TB drive full of movies/tv shows and music (as well as one for the OS and documents).

I use Backblaze

1 Like

We previously used aws s3 before you could natively upload to glacier, god it was expensive. Thankfully owncloud can talk with glacier directly.

So I invested in a Synology NAS drive a few months back - largely because I seemed to be hoarding some HDD’s with various important files on, and because I wanted a better way to store and manage all my photos and media than what I currently do.

I’m using at the moment Synology’s C2 service to back up my NAS drive - https://c2.synology.com/en-us/backup#tab_plan

I pay 6 euros a month for it - but have a daily back up of any changes to my NAS drive - so if anything happens I’ve got the info secured - depending on the amount of data though it can be less.

I do have at the moment a dropbox and iCloud option in play too but I need to rationalise them all a little I think, but right now I have 2TB of storage on the NAS server, all my photos sync to it each night, which then get backed up the next day.

1 Like

I have a WD MyCloud too and can vouch for how brilliant they are. My MacBook Pro and iMac both do their Time Machine backups to it over wifi and its saved me a few times when I’ve lost a file or an upgrade has gone wrong. I’ve never used it as a cloud storage device to access while I’m on the road as iCloud Drive does everything I need (my Documents and Desktop folders are synced across devices) but it’s nice to know it’s a backup.