DNA / Ancestry Tests?

It’s great that worked for you, but there are a lot of ways to meet people that are more reliable and cheaper.

I know for me and I suspect for most people, a call to their parents, Nan, aunts/uncles etc or something, followed up with some dedicated facebooking, would yield better results than a DNA test if meeting distant relatives is your goal.

It wasn’t my goal; but it provided a lot of interesting results about myself and my background. Sure; I could get it with some effort but that’s the same as a lot of things.

The kit cost me £50 or something; I still log in to this day and have used it to look at my past, and have used some of the health aspects alongside my doctor.

Clearly you wouldn’t buy one; but that’s not to say it’s a waste at all.

1 Like

When you did it, did you pop the return kit simply in a red postbox? I assume that’s fine, but not sure if the box will fit through the slot.

Yep just as any post really. It took like 6 weeks so don’t expect anything too quick.

It’s not a very big box; actually if you’ve done any home Covid tests I think it was a similar size one to the ones you post off for that.