Dispute taking longer than timeframe

I must have bucked the system then :slight_smile: , perhaps I should have just waited for Currys to not collect the funds for the stock they didnt have and won’t be getting so Monzo could release the funds back into my account in their pre determined timescales :man_shrugging:t2:

I must say I was pretty pleased on how quickly Monzo handled the return of my pending transaction that never was

4 Likes

Don’t be so ridiculous. Rules are not always adhered to even when they’re supposed to be. If someone ‘has’ to do something, it isn’t certain they are actually going to do it.

You perhaps don’t realise what a dispute actually is. In @anon95680666’s case they have not disputed anything. No money has been taken from anyone and it hasn’t been given back to anyone. The money was made inaccessible by Curry’s but not taken, then Monzo have made it accessible again. Entirely internal. No money is moving.

I think I’ve mentioned this elsewhere on the community, but if we reverse an authorisation for whatever reason we also set up the process so that we raise a chargeback IF the payment then presents at a later date.

This means the customer will no longer see the money refunded and then go back out again, and it’s also the reason we now ask for evidence when reversing an auth so that we can go ahead and raise the chargeback without needing to get back in touch with the customer. It all happens in the background :blush:

2 Likes

The pop-up is technically correct :+1:t3:

Do you have any idea roughly what percentage of reversed authorisations are then presented?

I ask as I understand requesting evidence makes it easier for Monzo behind the scenes but it only does so by creating an administrative burden on every customer who requests a reversed authorisation s well as their supplier.

2 Likes

Said supplier could always try actually providing the reversal they promise then…

I’ve always personally supplied all the screenshots I can and I don’t think that was an undue burden on me when I could have just waited another three weeks otherwise

1 Like

No one is saying that the authorisations don’t get cancelled, they do. Monzo is just doing it quicker.

In my experience, most drop off after 3/4 days of not claimed.

no need for the "administrative burden " on every customer if thats the case , just wait for your money to be released

1 Like

True, but some don’t want to wait for it to drop off automatically - including your Currys TV experience unless I’ve missed something.

As your experience shows, suppliers are not geared up to supply such evidence…

2 Likes

yes I wasnt prepared to wait the 3 or 4 days you suggest for it to automatically drop off - so I went for the administrative burden to try and get my money released …seemed to work, so alls good , either wait the 3 or 4 days and dont bother and trust it will release in 3 or 4 days or be a bit pro active about it and accept the burden :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I am now saying that though

A merchant explicitly said to me that they would not pull down an authorisation and that they would reverse it within 10 days

Nothing of course happened their end

Popped a couple of screenshots to Monzo in under a minute and they sorted it out in a few days

Maybe everyone else has great experiences with merchants, but a lot of them seem to me to have totally broken or aged systems

Maybe they should be given that they cannot seem to manage even the reversals they promise

Nobody else seems to be making my life easier when this happens other than Monzo, which is why it sticks in the craw a little bit when they still seem to copping grief here

1 Like

While that is poor customer service from the merchant, if they did nothing the authorisation would have dropped off from your account after a few days anyway

They did not manage it in the first ten days, so my very slight admin burden and Monzo making it easy (for me anyway) sorted it twenty days earlier than they likely would have managed more through accident than design

Anyhow, while the auto-reversal thing was nice while it lasted, I am personally happy enough with developments

Moving on from this point now as it’s looping a bit

Why on earth would something like this take more than 10 minutes on their end? What were they doing for a few days…

Why on earth are you so keen to absolve merchants of all this I could add? Maybe they should be pulling the finger out and sorting it if it is so quick

They could not manage something they explicitly promise across a couple of weeks and you have a problem with Monzo taking a few days to be sure that things will work out with the reversal in a way that would not inconvenience me

The merchant definitely could improve things - but this is to be expected. Merchants are often crap like this.

Monzo on the other hand - they’ve taken a few days for something that in reality can take less than 5 minutes.

I didn’t at any point say that the merchant is correct or say they aren’t to blame. Perhaps you misread it and made your own assumptions - however I didn’t mention the merchant at all positively or negatively. I only commented curiously wondering what Monzo were doing for a ‘few days’ other than sitting on it.

So for some reason my dispute was to be taken look at within 1 week its taking more than that and i dont khow when monzo will get back anyone can help in this situation

Hi. Nobody can help you here, all you can do is wait for Monzo to get back to you.

Hello guy with the same name.

We’re just a community.

I’ll wait until monzo responds, I know it doesn’t have to be instantly as it requires investigating but usually it can be fast or even a month.

Best of luck