Display running balance with each entry

Got it :thumbsup: so interestingly, the API does keep a running total of your balance, after each debit / credit.

Bear in mind that the amounts from the API don’t include decimal points…

Monzo’s just decided not to display that figure in the app. I think Hugo touches on the reason for this here -

Anyway, it’s simple to view your transactions from the API. Just go to Monzo for Developers, click the List Transactions link & hit the Send button…

Once you’ve checked that the balance is consistently correct (I’m guessing it is, as I’d have thought this would have been picked up sooner, if there were issues here), it’s worth flagging anything that’s causing confusion (& making it hard to keep track of your running balance), in case there’s anything that Monzo can do to make this data easier to understand :slight_smile:

Having said that, I trust Monzo to calculate an accurate balance for me (it’s just additions & subtractions, at the end of the day) so I wouldn’t want to see the running total in my feed view because for me, it would just be noise - with no practical application…

2 Likes