Display Number of Results / Transactions in Search Summary

Idea - Add number of transactions to the totals that are displayed at the bottom of the Home tab’s search results

so that users can see a count of the number of matching search results.

Background

While we wait for more custom categories / the ability to split transaction amounts into several categories, it is still possible to add emoji / notes to transaction’s, in order to identify payments for certain items. Unfortunately, in some cases, a transaction amount will include the cost of items from several categories so Total Spent & Average Spent amounts don’t mean a great deal.

Use Case

But if the number of transactions was displayed, I could see that I’ve bought coffee x number of times this month or (less likely) that I’ve paid for a gym class x number of times which is useful if I’m trying to drink less coffee or go to the gym more.

1 Like

This makes total sense. Thanks a lot @alexs

We’ll try to incorporate the number of transactions… even though when there are debits and credits things can get a bit messy. I’m not usually a fan of hiding information behind not obvious interaction but maybe this could be one of those that if you tap on the bar changes from £ to transactions and back. The same way that music players usually do to display remaining time vs played time. Something for us to think about :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s great to hear that you like the idea :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t be tagging the credits & debits with the same tags so I don’t think that would cause too many problems for me.

I appreciate the fact that there’s a limited amount of space to work with here & the tap to reveal option sounds good to me…didn’t Snapchat’s UI (that’s almost universally hated, by over 25 year olds) make hidden functionality cool anyway? :grinning:
An alternative approach, that’s just occurred to me, would be to have the totals scroll back & forth, like a ticker or song name in iTunes, to show the count - just a thought…

1 Like