Depositing Cash & Cheques

They are restricting users to no more than 4 cheques every 7 days. Not normally an issue but if you get a few for your Christmas and New Years presents you may need to pay some in thru the app and the rest over the counter at a branch.

And they reject many cheques. They say “only a small number of cheques will clear faster through the new image system.”

They also have limit of up to £500

1 Like

I paid a cheque into my new Halifax account yesterday, in a branch. It had cleared by the end of the day… Was quite surprising

It should start increasingly happening as cheque imaging becomes more widespread within the banks. The goal is for every cheque to clear in under 24 hours.

Follow Barclays…
https://www.barclays.co.uk/ways-to-bank/mobile-banking-services/mobile-cheque-imaging/

I had the same with my FD/HSBC branch deposit on Wednesday. I’m not complaining either (except about the fact that I actually had to go there).

The small print with Barclays is that firstly it has to be a Barclays-issued cheque, and secondly it isn’t available to all customers, you have to opt in to the pilot programme by emailing them and requesting access.

Close, but still so far.

2 Likes

With the closure of the preview accounts, this no longer has any real relevance. The ongoing chat in this area is happening here: