Deposit Cheques

I’m not saying don’t have a legacy backup. I’ve got one.

I’m just saying there are those who’ve got that high street option purely for the cheque imaging function.

still not got it on my iOS account

How weird is that?

1 Like

I have it… im ios.

So must be a phased rollout indeed and not os related

1 Like

Also seems to need the latest version of the iOS app which appeared today for us here

This is offered by Barlcays, LLoyds and Halifax to mention a few. Given work on “Plus” is now stopped can this be accelerated? Seems strange that a “New starter” bank is not able to offer this when the old school banks all do.

James

Highly unlikely. I doubt the two teams are interchangeable and it requires an application with lots of paperwork within a given window to name a few.

That’s what’s great about Monzo, they don’t blindly follow others. So from their research they’ve found that there aren’t enough people wanting this to warrant building it right now :slight_smile: If you’d like to see this be sure to vote for it and maybe that will change.

To Monzo it is complete.

You just open an account with another account, and they use their service and transfer the money across.

My guess is like paying in cash at post office they have purposely made their own alternative so bad (which pay point is) they are happy to not pay the fees to do it themselves in cost of development and fees to them and just let you use another bank for this purpose.

It’s why monzo will never be the main bank you will always need another account - unlike starling etc which could be your main and only bank account now.

I may be wrong, but I think one of the main reasons Starling have gone with cheque imaging has a lot to do with their business account offering.
(I’m sure I read somewhere it was available to business customers first)

And once it was available to business customers, I wouldn’t have thought it would be too difficult to roll out to personal accounts.

If @Jamesfgriffiths (or anyone else) is going to vote, it would be better to do so on this topic, so that all votes for cheque imaging are in one place:

I’m not sure why this thread hasn’t been merged with that, tbh, presumably only because no one’s noticed/had time.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.