Dell's new 49" ultrawide monitor 📺

(Simon B) #1

I so badly want this.

I think I would prefer a multiple monitor set up as it would make it easier to decide to split for games, such as having the game on monitor 1 and chrome/discord on monitor 2. But I guess this could appeal to some, just wondering how much of a fuss it is to split screens on a monitor like this.

I certainly wouldn’t say no however.

(#savetheseabass) #3

Just measuring my desk… I would need more desk

On my multi monitor setups I’m always pinning things to the edges so I get 4 or 6 apps visible. I don’t know how I would do that on a single wide screen :neutral_face:

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #5

49", 5120 x 1440, $1,699

I’m gonna need a new desk, another 1080ti and a winning lottery ticket :joy:

That looks like an immense monitor!

I’ve gotta say, as impressive as it is, it hasn’t quite drawn me away from the Razer Raptor :heart_eyes: (but it would be wicked to have an ultrawide)

https://www.razer.com/gb-en/gaming-monitors/razer-raptor-27

(Splodf) #6

I’d need a bigger room!

((╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻) #7

I think I’d prefer my multi-monitor setup too over this.

However I suppose you could just get used to the windows snap to half screen functionality. Or perhaps you could do quarters on that thing?

((╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻) #8

If you did get a winning ticket you could get 3 or 4 and effectively be surrounded by screen in your own little command centre :laughing:

(James Berry) #9

I have the U3417 which I think is fantastic. I nearly went for the U3818 (I probably could have got it on my desk… but it would be my desk). This U4919 looks an absolute monster.