Deleting feed items causes crash on scroll

A bug noticed at the hackathon with the staging app since we were deleting so many feed items - if you delete a few feed items then scroll, the app usually crashes (seems quite reliable if you delete several one after the other then scroll). I’m not sure if you can see crash reports (if so there will be a few for this bug) but it should be easy to reproduce if not. I haven’t tried this in the beta app with item deletion but assume it is the same. Extract from the crash log below:

Last Exception Backtrace:
0   CoreFoundation                	0x183f12e38 __exceptionPreprocess + 124
1   libobjc.A.dylib               	0x183577f80 objc_exception_throw + 56
2   Realm                         	0x1012d5990 0x1012b4000 + 137616
3   Staging                       	0x1001deaa4 0x10005c000 + 1583780
4   Staging                       	0x1000a2370 0x10005c000 + 287600
5   UIKit                         	0x189385478 -[UIScrollView(UIScrollViewInternal) _notifyDidScroll] + 76
6   UIKit                         	0x18907af84 -[UIScrollView setContentOffset:] + 460
1 Like

Yep, 1.3.2 has a fix for this :slight_smile: It shouldn’t generally happen in day-to-day usage so we didn’t hotfix it

Great thanks for that.

Hey guys this is still crashing when clearing Active card checks etc.

1 Like

Is that the bug where if you try to clear two active card checks too close together, the app crashes? If so, wow that bug has survived a long time. As has the bug where it’s possible for both an amount of zero and the X to appear on top of each other.

It’s on our radar! We had some trouble getting the app to crash when doing this, so need to revisit and investigate further :+1:

1 Like

Not sure if this is the same problem but lately whenever I try to delete the golden ticket notification in my feed immediately upon entering the app, it crashes and I have to open the app again.
I’m not too bothered but it’s happened consistently and I think I’ve only noticed it since I stopped using Touch ID to secure the app, which means I don’t click as quickly, I guess?

1 Like

It’s inconsistent but sometimes I do notice this bug as well, if I quickly try to delete two feed items I can get the app to crash most of the time, and when I open the app again some of the items I deleted before are back (probably because the crash happens before the delete request is sent off).

1 Like