Dealing with new members coming onto the community for help

We have had a growing number of new community members coming onto the forum asking for help with issues around contacting Cops recently - unfortunately

Whilst most existing members do try to help, some members do sometimes not believe the posters intentions ( me included at times - for which I apologise )

Unless we can actually help, can we just try to either copy a member of staff in to the query - I would suggest the excellent Beth :slight_smile: ( sorry ) or pick your own favourite :slight_smile: - rather than disbelieving the new member - which doesn’t show a great first impression of Monzo.

17 Likes

Maybe chat should just be fixed and new signups should be disabled until it’s done to (at least) reduce the load?

At the moment the Monzo CS is even worse than the situation during the TSB meltdown when people were on hold for hours while watching their money being stolen… but unlike with Monzo, at least after a few hours of hold they did manage to talk to someone.

17 Likes

I agree wholeheartedly with " maybe chat should be just fixed " :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I do believe that Help should be properly manned by Monzo staff at all times if it is going to be the online support option. I’m not sure if this is already the case or not? Whilst it is nice for fellow forum members to try and help it really can do more harm than good sometimes for lots of people to jump in. It shouldn’t require @BethS having to answer queries on her days off (as awesome as she is!).

4 Likes

The forum shouldn’t be another support route alongside in app chat etc though, so I’m not sure about tagging staff

5 Likes

Except Monzo’s systems aren’t in meltdown, and no one’s money is disappearing?? How you can compare these situations, let alone say Monzo is worse, when TSB was messing up people’s actual account balances is beyond me. Yes, wait times for non-urgent queries in chat are far too long. But the above comment is unnecessarily sensationalist.

3 Likes

Not saying Monzo is worse. Saying that Monzo’s CS is worse because it definitely is by the looks of it. Some people are complaining about response times measured in days.

5 Likes

It shouldn’t, but it has become that way. If people can’t get through via the other channels and there is a section for Help on here then it is inviting users to ask for help. Problems not being dealt with quickly on here also cause reputational issues for Monzo as issues are far more visible to the outside world.

4 Likes

The result is users end up posting personal details publicly.

Just flag it and staff will see and take action if possible

I mean to be honest if you see all those (obviously) non-Monzo people replying and you still post your details then I’m not sure anything can be done.

I am not sure how the experience is for a new user, but surely there is (or should be) a warning or introductory post (the code of conduct?) letting users know it’s a public community forum.

If after that they still go ahead and post private information - sorry? :man_shrugging: I mean we should still do our best to flag/edit (I’m against removing posts because the user often ends up confused and just reposts the same thing) edit out any PII but that’s about it.

We don’t want this becoming a “dictatorship” where every single post has to be moderator-approved just in case someone posts PII, do we? :joy:

1 Like

Stress and panic don’t always lead to rational decisions :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

I don’t believe any new member whose first thread is along the same lines as trustpilot review.

I have been saying for ages that any new person should not be allowed to create a thread an should be directed to the search or any new threads have to be vetted first before gong public.

4 Likes

but what happens when that new member is genuine - its not a great first impression to be almost called a liar in your first post to a supposedly welcoming new kind of bank - for which, I hold my hands up and say Ive virtually insinuated that as well having not taken a step back and thought about it and just started typing

5 Likes

In a perfect world, no. But given Monzos current COps issues I can see why people are using it as such.

IMO, the phone number is one of the biggest issues. If you offer a phone number, it should NEVER just disconnect you, you should go into a queue. Either run a support phone line properly, or don’t offer it at all.

7 Likes

Has anyone from Monzo commented on this? The amount of times the isssue has been reported recently I can’t believe that they haven’t fixed it?

2 Likes

Urgent issues are still being dealt with under 10 minutes. But some new people who come on here and complain their urgent issue has not been dealt with for “days”… Well. Let’s not go there.

2 Likes

Ultimately I don’t feel that the strategy for dealing with new members on the forum is something that should need to be debated by us. Monzo is a business and therefore they need to have and enforce their own strategy until the issues with chat etc are resolved. We can then abide by that.

4 Likes

but it should be dealt with at face value not ridiculed ?

4 Likes

Yes agree with that. However there is a faction that simply waste everyone’s time.

Maybe Monzo should preemptively notify all users they’re having issues with support (like they’ve done in the prepaid days during maintenance or outages) so people can at least expect longer response times and possibly carry a backup card.

1 Like