✅ Dark Mode

Did you not see the article this morning where they said they were discontinuing joint accounts as they cost twice as much to run?

Please check todays date

3 Likes

Yep, and I’m moving to another bank because of that! :running_man:

Wouldn’t it be funny if they actually released it today, after all, it is TestFlight day :wink:

3 Likes

I hate you.

I was so excited there :pensive:

2 Likes

Sadly it’s not today. Well, not with todays :android: v3.76.0 update anyway. Unless the feature_flag on their end is changed later.

The update must have been posted to Google Play before 12 noon, so maybe 3.76.0 is in fact an April Fool and the proper version goes live later :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Joking aside - anyone else noticed the change to the blue Summary and Search icons at the top-right?

They now have a subtle shaded circle around them. Designs like this are usually used to make something stand out in the same way against different coloured backgrounds - maybe prep for darker backgrounds available in the upcoming Theme options (Dark mode)?

3 Likes

Filed under “Straws - Clutching at”

4 Likes

You know what would be great, a toggle appearing in Labs on Star Wars Day, May the 4th, to select between the dark side and the light?

6 Likes

The fact this was first asked for as a feature over 3 years ago and still doesn’t exist is frankly embarassing.

2 Likes

:thinking:

1 Like

People ask for all sorts of stuff. If they did all the crazy things people want then that would be embarrassing :laughing:

So don’t let things like the age of a suggestions be an indicator of what should be done. There’s a lot more to it than that.

1 Like

Of course there is, but consistently high demand for a feature over a period of time should, hopefully, lead to it’s prioritisation.

That said, I’m not going to slate Monzo on Dark Mode as, from the clues we’ve had here, it is being worked on (and is, understandably, a lot of work) and is currently in staff testing. That shows that Monzo are not ignoring requests for the feature, and are in fact actively developing it, so we just need to wait a little bit longer until it’s ready.

Dark mode money does not make

Not directly, but if people really want it enough they may choose to switch banks if it’s not offered.

NatWest offer it already, so the potential for that to happen is already there.

Clearly only a very small number of people would care about the feature that much, but I imagine other banks will start to have it and people will start to expect it.

If you stand still whilst your competitors make continuous improvements, you will inevitably lose customers (not that I think NatWest is “ahead” of Monzo, I’m just using an example to the make the point).

I’m not sure if I should mention this, but Amex have just launched Dark Mode support on iOS!

Come on Monzo, you are getting left behind!

4 Likes

It’s more of a dark blue mode support but I like it, it’s on brand

2 Likes

Yes, I posted straight away before updating so didn’t see what it looked like.

It is nice, especially the opening splash screen.

Bah, nothing.
All I got was a Feed/Manage toggle at the top of my feed :frowning:

3 Likes

I’m thankful for your September update on dark mode. I know it’s a time consuming project and not top priority. Any chance you could let us know how it’s progressing? Thanks.

Edit: Sorry @kavi didn’t know you had left Monzo. Best of luck. This question is open to anybody at Monzo.

Unfortunately @kavi has left Monzo so unfortunately you’re not likely to get an update :frowning: