Dark Mode

Unfortunately @kavi has left Monzo so unfortunately you’re not likely to get an update :frowning:

Might be one for @AlanDoe - get them changed to ex-Monzonauts?

2 Likes

I’ll give a quick update. Dark mode for Android is most of the way there. In fact we’ve been staff testing it for months (and looks quite slick :ok_hand:).

iOS is a bit behind though, and it is very unlikely to happen in the next 3 months (to give some minimum expectations), also because the mobile team is busy with other - potentially more impactful - changes.

We won’t release it for one platform before the other (sorry if you want that), so that there is a bigger announcement with both

24 Likes

*adds diary entry for 7th August when this will become an issue again*

6 Likes

Shocking how dark mode is not here yet… get your busy though

1 Like

I don’t really think it’s shocking. It’s not essential to a banking app and by the sounds of it, better things are coming instead!

4 Likes

Look where the parity complaints got us.

8 Likes

But will it be available on Joint Accounts? :joy:

4 Likes

Doubt it

1 Like

I updated the app one evening about six weeks ago. Opened it and to my surprise it was in dark mode. It did look very slick - but I remember there being a few artifacts where it wasn’t quite right.

Meant to take a screenshot and faffed for a bit. By the time I’d reopened the app it had vanished, never to be seen again…

4 Likes

:scream:

iOS or Android?

1 Like

You could argue it’s not essential for any app whatsoever…

I think it is to be expected from an app nowadays if anything.

It’s a shame it’s taking so long, especially as it was an iOS feature 2 years ago, probably longer for android.

1 Like

iPhone users letting me down again… God damn you all :sweat_smile: at least it’ll be here :soon:

1 Like

Thanks for the update, it’s most appreciated :+1:

1 Like

The better OS, obvs.

Mikedrop.gif

logs out of the internet

:android:

1 Like

3 Likes

Oh the irony…

3 Likes

Wouldn’t this be an ideal time to offer dark mode as a Monzo Labs option for Android to allow for feedback from those interested here? Then when the time is right for a joint launch the feature would be more polished.

Keeps us pesky lot happy and provides plenty of feedback. Sounds like a win all around :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

As an iOS user, I think this would make a lot of sense.

Even better if you also add the option for iOS to enable the messy alpha-stage dark mode there too.

1 Like

Adding it for one OS over the other would just generate resentment, just based on the past few years on here! The number of topics about disparity, oy!

That said, a Dark Mode on Monzo Labs with the understanding it’s very much not finished would make sense. Those people who want it get it, the rest of us who don’t care too much can wait for the proper implementation instead (or just not bother).

6 Likes